Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CaptureShop 5.5.1 & 75H  (Read 3464 times)

mmhood

CaptureShop 5.5.1 & 75H
« on: January 25, 2008, 09:49:45 am »

I have problems with the CaptureShop 5.5.1 software and my new 75H.  I am running Macbook Pro the latest model with Tiger dual core 4gb ram and Desk top Quad core 4gb ram.  The contact sheet  shows me jumbled thumbnail images after I processes them out into Tiff or Jpegs.
This does not happen to all the images just some?  Any feed back would be great.
When batch processing images I get frequent crashes.

Questions: When is Sinar adopting the DNG extension?

This software is not very good.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
CaptureShop 5.5.1 & 75H
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 10:09:18 am »

Dear mmhood,

you might try first to export your images by using the "Export All" option, if you did not do this: this should solve the problem. I suspect you might have selected the images manually?

Another problem could be the RAM memory: could you check your memory modules? It is better if all are from the same brand and same size, rather then mixing up different brands and sizes.

Then: there is a new CS 5.5.2 available. Please contact your distributor to get it.

Hope this helps to solve your problem. If not, we might need a "system profile" from your computer setup.

Thanks and best regards,
thierry

I have problems with the CaptureShop 5.5.1 software and my new 75H.  I am running Macbook Pro the latest model with Tiger dual core 4gb ram and Desk top Quad core 4gb ram.  The contact sheet  shows me jumbled thumbnail images after I processes them out into Tiff or Jpegs.
This does not happen to all the images just some?  Any feed back would be great.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 10:14:38 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

imagemachineltd

CaptureShop 5.5.1 & 75H
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 05:37:15 pm »

I have problems with the CaptureShop 5.5.1 software and my new 75H.  I am running Macbook Pro the latest model with Tiger dual core 4gb ram and Desk top Quad core 4gb ram.  The contact sheet  shows me jumbled thumbnail images after I processes them out into Tiff or Jpegs.
This does not happen to all the images just some?  Any feed back would be great.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had similar problems with my set-up. I was running a 75H off a G5 mac dual with  4gb ram, my software set up: Tiger and 5.5.1, I had major problems exporting files, erratic performance and corrupted exports.
The problems were mostly solved with a firmware upgrade to the 75H and the installation of CS 5.5.2 beta 18.
I was also told by my supplier that Catureshop could only handle up to 30 75H files at one time.
I am still experiencing regular crashes and cannot export large batches of files.
I would strongly advise holding back on upgrades to Leopard until Sinar say you absolutely have and even then expect plenty of down time.
Come on sinar! How much time do you need? Your customers have to put in very long hours because of your software, what time do you go home????

mmhood

CaptureShop 5.5.1 & 75H
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:24:18 am »

I had similar problems with my set-up. I was running a 75H off a G5 mac dual with  4gb ram, my software set up: Tiger and 5.5.1, I had major problems exporting files, erratic performance and corrupted exports.
The problems were mostly solved with a firmware upgrade to the 75H and the installation of CS 5.5.2 beta 18.
I was also told by my supplier that Catureshop could only handle up to 30 75H files at one time.
I am still experiencing regular crashes and cannot export large batches of files.
I would strongly advise holding back on upgrades to Leopard until Sinar say you absolutely have and even then expect plenty of down time.
Come on sinar! How much time do you need? Your customers have to put in very long hours because of your software, what time do you go home????
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you, I did upgrade to 5.5.2 beta and still like you experience crashes with processing. It didn't solve the jumbled contact sheet images simply by loading up the new program.  I had to re-save the raws in a different location then delete the jumbled images in the original folder and transfer the re-save images back in.  So far there have been no jumbled images in 5.5.2 beta after the re-save procedure.
I did not know about the 30 file limit and will make sure to divide up my folders.  I won't be upgrading to Leopard anytime soon and am hoping Sinar works out all the kinks in their software with their release of Exposure. Whenever that happens? and the DNG extension.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:33:47 am by mmhood »

mmhood

CaptureShop 5.5.1 & 75H
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 08:34:19 am »

I had similar problems with my set-up. I was running a 75H off a G5 mac dual with  4gb ram, my software set up: Tiger and 5.5.1, I had major problems exporting files, erratic performance and corrupted exports.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=177354\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you, I did upgrade to 5.5.2 beta and still like you experience crashes with processing. It didn't solve the jumbled contact sheet images simply by loading up the new program.  I had to re-save the raws in a different location then delete the jumbled images in the original folder and transfer the re-save images back in.  So far there have been no jumbled images in 5.5.2 beta after the re-save procedure.
I did not know about the 30 file limit and will make sure to divide up my folders.  I won't be upgrading to Leopard anytime soon and am hoping Sinar works out all the kinks in their software with their release of Exposure. Whenever that happens? and the DNG extension
Pages: [1]   Go Up