Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1Dslll  (Read 8484 times)

DonWeston

1Dslll
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:22 am »

The interesting thing with Nikon D3 are the new lenses (14-24, 24-70 and upcoming Tilt/Shift) sadly Canon can not compare with this lenses, so what is the use to wait for a better Canon camera like 5D mark II ? I Have tested these lenses with the D3 myself and I was angry about the poor wide angle performance of Canon before, now I am even more upset, because obviously it is possibly to make good wide angle lenses for digital full frame.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175865\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Don't know when it will happen, but Canon will eventually fix this. It took Nikon years to incorporate AFS tech into more of their lenses, and only recently updated with some new AFS primes and wide zooms, so give Canon a chance, but you might have to wait 5 min....

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
1Dslll
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 08:08:12 pm »

Don't know when it will happen, but Canon will eventually fix this. It took Nikon years to incorporate AFS tech into more of their lenses, and only recently updated with some new AFS primes and wide zooms, so give Canon a chance, but you might have to wait 5 min....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175920\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Canon already updated their 16-35.

free1000

• http://www.foliobook.mobi
1Dslll
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 03:42:47 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=175920\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

They'd better get on with it.

People are now choosing the D3 instead of Canon, simply because of these wides. I know someone who was about to buy a 5D and has instead switched to the D3. I think its my fault cos I told him about the new Nikon wides.
@foliobook
Foliobook professional photo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up