Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS  (Read 2262 times)

sonamair

Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:43:02 pm »

I mainly will be doing photographs with Photoshop...but who knows what may come my way once I have a large format printer in terms of tasks to do....also I want to get color correct and I do not have a calibrated moniter...
HP tells me the PS version has their advanced profiling solution what ever that is with monitor calibrator..

Wondering what I will be getting with the PS version and if anyone here has experience using the extra software/hardware  for photography/color management and if the upgrade can be usefull.
Thank you
Deciding on which version to buy..hopefully this week

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:51:29 pm »

I mainly will be doing photographs with Photoshop...but who knows what may come my way once I have a large format printer in terms of tasks to do....also I want to get color correct and I do not have a calibrated moniter...
HP tells me the PS version has their advanced profiling solution what ever that is with monitor calibrator..

Wondering what I will be getting with the PS version and if anyone here has experience using the extra software/hardware  for photography/color management and if the upgrade can be usefull.
Thank you
Deciding on which version to buy..hopefully this week
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169026\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
For pure photography and photographic images I see little reason to get a PS printer.
The firmware and software updates for the PS models are more funky than the normal versions.
IF you had a lot of users on the same printer then it is the best way to go. If it is you running the printer all the time, then it is not necessary.
The PS model has nothing in the way of color rendering for raster images than the normal version has.
Now if the same deal holds as before where you get the Advanced Profile Solution for next to free and the PS embedded rip then why not.

rdonson

Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:08:45 pm »

I agree with Neil.  If the PS model comes with the APS bundle then it might be worth it.  I haven't checked prices lately but the APS used to cost around $800.
Regards,
Ron

sonamair

Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 12:52:23 am »

Thanks...I will check if it includes the "advanced profiling option" with the APS version which I think it does. What exactly is that and what does it add?..It will add 800$
So what would be the best device/software to buy to calibrate my 23 inch apple monitor to maximize color workflow?..I am using CS2 on a Mac but will soon be going to CS3.
Thank you much
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:52:47 am by sonamair »

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 01:23:46 am »

Thanks...I will check if it includes the "advanced profiling option" with the APS version which I think it does. What exactly is that and what does it add?..It will add 800$
So what would be the best device/software to buy to calibrate my 23 inch apple monitor to maximize color workflow?..I am using CS2 on a Mac but will soon be going to CS3.
Thank you much
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169152\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
APS is a hardware calibration and profiling package . It makes the printer a fully automated calibrated and profiling machine with software form X-Rite that is based on the top of the line profile package. Included is the i1Display 2 colorimeter which is needed to run the printer APS software and also to make monitor calibrations inside the APS software. The profiles coming out of APS are a notch higher than the internal standard , and there is a very practical profile editor built in.
Highly recommended. See my site and review for more info on this and the Z.

sonamair

Buy HP Z3100 OR Z3100PS
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 01:34:11 am »

Wow Neil...Thank you so much for that link. Your site is great. I have lots to read and study tonight/today. So I guess there is nothing else to buy for color if I go with the HP Z3100PS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up