Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Missing Files?  (Read 8660 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Lightroom Missing Files?
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:26:22 pm »

Can anyone help with this?

I have a folder in Lightroom that containts 165 photos - I exported to CS3 one shot for further edtiing, which Auto stacked with the original.

I then saved the photo after softproofing it in CS3 as a different file name [I added '-printHahnemuhleRag308-RelCol'.] so that I new what the file was for.

Now obviously this newly saved version is not in Lightrooms catalogue yet. So.. I choose the folder in Lightroom and select 'Synchronise' - then Lightroom finds the new version print file and imports it.

No problem.

However... now the 165 photos are listed as 'Missing Files'  under the 'Previous Import' in the Library Left hand pane. Despite the fact, they are definately there in the folder - both in Lightrooms catalogue and in the actual operating system folder.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:28:07 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:56:27 am »

further Question:

Is the Library left hand pane - where it says
"All Photographs
Quck Collection
Previous Import
Missing Files"

Just a reference to each of those files? What I am driving at is the 'Missing Files 165' that I am seeing just a reference to the last time there were any missing files?

Since none of my files or folder are red or show question marks....

Hope that makes sense.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

francofit

• http://
Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:29:06 am »

Can anyone help with this?
... now the 165 photos are listed as 'Missing Files'  under the 'Previous Import' in the Library Left hand pane. Despite the fact, they are definately there in the folder - both in Lightrooms catalogue and in the actual operating system folder.

Any ideas?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168705\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had experienced more than once (and especially after a lot of different kinds of experimentation- deletions/additions/changes/etc) the presence of incongrous "Missing Files".

In my cases, one (or both) of the two following operations always cleaned up the inconsistency:

- do a "Test Integrity", available at start-up (it's a good practice to enable and run it everytime LR starts) together with the backup capability.

- run "Relaunch and Optimise" available after you choose the "File \ Catalog Settings".

Hope this helps also your case.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:29:49 am by francofit »
Franco

Josh-H

Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 06:24:57 pm »

I had experienced more than once (and especially after a lot of different kinds of experimentation- deletions/additions/changes/etc) the presence of incongrous "Missing Files".

In my cases, one (or both) of the two following operations always cleaned up the inconsistency:

- do a "Test Integrity", available at start-up (it's a good practice to enable and run it everytime LR starts) together with the backup capability.

- run "Relaunch and Optimise" available after you choose the "File \ Catalog Settings".

Hope this helps also your case.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168743\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks - tried both of those, but no success.

The Library pane still lists 165 missing Files - even though they are definately there.

I am beginning to think the 'Missing Files 165' really is just a reference to the fact that there 'were' missing files. Sort of like a quick link to the previous import?
Wild Nature Photo Travel

John S C

Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »

Funnily had a similar problem today after moving some files. Fortunately it was only 1 file that came up missing.

I tried reimporting , but was told the file already existed in the library. The only way I could get round this was to remove the file from the library (not delete) , re import it, and then restart LR.

Now I assume that by doing this you'll lose all your working data. I hadn't worked on this image so I can't confirm this

Josh-H

Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 08:23:25 pm »

Funnily had a similar problem today after moving some files. Fortunately it was only 1 file that came up missing.

I tried reimporting , but was told the file already existed in the library. The only way I could get round this was to remove the file from the library (not delete) , re import it, and then restart LR.

Now I assume that by doing this you'll lose all your working data. I hadn't worked on this image so I can't confirm this
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168886\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hrm.. I hope I dont have to do that.. most of my files have a large number of develop settings.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Josh-H

Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 09:20:04 pm »

ok solved...

saved the changes to XMP side car files - then removed the files from Lightroom and re-imported.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Cynthia B.

Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:03:31 pm »

Interesting, I just had this same thing happen today involving 16 images that were definately in LR. I did the same, save changes to file, delete from LR, the re-import. Worked fine.
But the question is WHY did these show up as missing in the first place when thery were there? I did a synchronize folder but that didn't clear it up either.
Cynthia

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
Lightroom Missing Files?
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 05:47:21 pm »

I see this same thing.  No idea how to resolve it.  The files are there, I have *no* red folders, and no question marks on any files in the grid view.

In my case, I have over 6200 "missing files" that are not missing  
Pages: [1]   Go Up