Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What burst rate with D3 and 1DsMKiii ?  (Read 2241 times)

Bernd B.

What burst rate with D3 and 1DsMKiii ?
« on: January 18, 2008, 02:33:35 pm »

Hi,

with my 5D after quickly shooting nine pictures I have to wait some time, until the buffer has cleared a bit and I can continue the shooting. That´s annoying for portraits and people.

How is the situation with Nikon D3 and Canon 1DsMkiii?

Thanks,

Bernd

paul_jones

• http://www.paulrossjones.com
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:57:37 pm »

Hi,

with my 5D after quickly shooting nine pictures I have to wait some time, until the buffer has cleared a bit and I can continue the shooting. That´s annoying for portraits and people.

How is the situation with Nikon D3 and Canon 1DsMkiii?

Thanks,

Bernd
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168015\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

just shot off a few shots with the 1dsmk3 5fs raw/ sandisk4s 4gig , it took about 15frames before it hit buffer then stops, then shoots a couple more frames a split second after, then about 2 frames together once a second as the buffer clears. weird how it stops for a second, then shoots 2 frames quickly, then a second again.

its way faster than the mk2, with frame rate and clearing the card. it still shoots faster than a p21+ even when its against the buffer.

what the mk3 doesnt do at all well is shooting tethered to a mac. it takes 6 seconds for a pic to endup on the computer, very slow. i am finding it bloody useless in a real comercial shoot tethered. im trying to figure out a work a round.

paul
check my new website
[url=http://www.pau

Bernd B.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:23:52 am »

just shot off a few shots with the 1dsmk3 5fs raw/ sandisk4s 4gig , it took about 15frames before it hit buffer then stops, then shoots a couple more frames a split second after, then about 2 frames together once a second as the buffer clears. weird how it stops for a second, then shoots 2 frames quickly, then a second again.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168510\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Paul,

how long does it take to clear the buffer completely once the camera stopped working? With my 5D it takes arround one minute until the red LED stops lighting.

Thank you,

Bernd
Pages: [1]   Go Up