Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with CS3 and Leopard OS  (Read 1698 times)

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
Problem with CS3 and Leopard OS
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »

Since installing the latest Mac OS, I have an intermittent and recurring problem running Photoshop CS3.
When using the Stamp or Healing tool, when I try to select by holding down the Alt key, the cursor starts to quiver and shake and will not allow me to select an area to clone from. The only remedy has been to close and restart Photoshop. Then it works fine........ for a while!

Have any of the forum users experienced this. Is it one of the 'known' issues between PS and Leopard.

This is my first post here and I would just like to say what a great site it is.

Many thanks

Jim

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:42:30 pm »

I have not experienced this behavior with PSCS3 and Leopard.  The first thing that you should do when experiencing erratic problems in Photoshop is to reset the preferences.

Hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences file.  After the preference file is deleted, Photoshop resets to factory defaults.
Gerald J Skrocki

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:08:41 am »

Thank you for that advice Jerry. I have reset the preferences and will report back when PS has been running long enough to see whether the problem re-surfaces.

Jim

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:11:05 am »

FWIW, I've been running PS CS 3 on both PowerPC and Intel powered Macs without the issues you describe. Resetting preferences, as Jerry suggested above, should address the issue.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up