Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiki HP Z3100 on Non-HP papers  (Read 1763 times)

walter.sk

Wiki HP Z3100 on Non-HP papers
« on: January 16, 2008, 06:31:08 am »

At this link, there are several new updates from HP, including how to work with and profile non-HP papers.  They are for v 6.0.0.8 of the firmware (the plain vanilla Z3100).
There is nothing there for firmware v 6.0.0.7, the Z3100ps printer.

I tried drilling down through the HP website, which is kind of like "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", an unnecessarily tedious and confusing experience, and couldn't find the same updated information for either firmware.

Can I assume that the information on non-HP papers will be the same for both firmware upgrades?

HP Z3100 Unofficial Site

By the way, does anybody have an idea as to why the official HP website is such an obstacle course when it comes to finding new information? (Rhetorical question...don't bother answering it.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:34:52 am by walter.sk »

rdonson

Wiki HP Z3100 on Non-HP papers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:38:35 am »

At this link, there are several new updates from HP, including how to work with and profile non-HP papers.  They are for v 6.0.0.8 of the firmware (the plain vanilla Z3100).
There is nothing there for firmware v 6.0.0.7, the Z3100ps printer.

I tried drilling down through the HP website, which is kind of like "Pin the Tail on the Donkey", an unnecessarily tedious and confusing experience, and couldn't find the same updated information for either firmware.

Can I assume that the information on non-HP papers will be the same for both firmware upgrades?

HP Z3100 Unofficial Site

By the way, does anybody have an idea as to why the official HP website is such an obstacle course when it comes to finding new information? (Rhetorical question...don't bother answering it.)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167504\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe that you can assume the information is useful for both 6.0.0.7 and 6.0.0.8 but I don't know that for certain.  

I have the base Z3100 so when I search for and find information and put it on the wiki its generally not for the ps printer.  The reason for this is what you've already noted - the HP website structures for information is a very frustrating maze.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up