Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uninstall Flexcolor  (Read 5749 times)

BobR

Uninstall Flexcolor
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:01:35 pm »

In the absence of any response from Hasselblad support or a successful search of this site I turn to members for assistance. I downloaded the latest version of Flexcolor and installed it on my PC before realising that this version does not support scsi. Imacon documentation indicates that hasselblad support is required to uninstall the version prior to reinstalling an earlier version. Does anyone know what this process is. I have a truck load of old images that I am digitising, and am currently at a standstill.

tived

• http://
Uninstall Flexcolor
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 02:44:02 am »

In the absence of any response from Hasselblad support or a successful search of this site I turn to members for assistance. I downloaded the latest version of Flexcolor and installed it on my PC before realising that this version does not support scsi. Imacon documentation indicates that hasselblad support is required to uninstall the version prior to reinstalling an earlier version. Does anyone know what this process is. I have a truck load of old images that I am digitising, and am currently at a standstill.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167211\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Bob,

I am not by my scanner computer, but I am running a Flextight Photo over a Adaptec 2940 scsi controller. windows xp x32 sp2 but I can't remember what version I am using, but I am using a version that is newer then what they are recommending is able to drive a scsi scanner.

I will get back to you with the version number.

otherwise, just uninstall and then install what you have been recommended by Blad if any

Henrik

BobR

Uninstall Flexcolor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 06:17:46 am »

Thanks for the reply Henrik.

Hasselblad indicate in their release notes that if you are going back to an older version after installing a later one, then you need to contact support for assistance. I have read elsewhere that someone had to go through this process with Blad, but I don't remember where.

Anyway, look forward to your post.

tived

Uninstall Flexcolor
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 06:15:12 pm »

Hi Bob,

I am not sure what processs Blad is refering to? It is to me, pretty straight forward, I even two versions of Flexi installed.

I am pretty sure that all you have to do, is to uninstall it through the Control Panel's add/remove software. then install the version that you want.

According to Blad, you are not suppose to be able to use a version of Flexi above version 4 with a scsi scanner, however I am using version 4.5. I tried 4.8 but it crashed. So you can make out of Blads statement what you want :-) but I ain't buying it :-)

I am also using a little program that I got through a member here, Jan Brittenson called ASPIRescan, which scans the scsi chain and initiates the devices. This is particular good, if you have not started your Scanner at bootup. Running this program initiates the scanner, and you are up and running :-) ***** to Mr Brittenson and a big thank! and therefor no need to reboot!

anyway Bob, if you have any questions please ask away, I may not have all the answers but i'll have a crack at it, and besides there are plenty and good people here who can chip in too.

regards

Henrik
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:16:11 pm by tived »

BobR

Uninstall Flexcolor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 08:52:07 pm »

Well, I think that I am up and running again with v4.0.3

I obtained a copy of Shred XP and ran it on the Imacon folder. I then did the standard uninstall from the Control Panel. Did not expect this to be successful as Shred XP is supposed to remove all traces of information is the designated folder.

I then reinstalled Flexcolor v4.0.3 and all appears to be OK. Only time will tell

hubell

Uninstall Flexcolor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 04:29:03 pm »

I obtained a copy of Shred XP and ran it on the Imacon folder. I then did the standard uninstall from the Control Panel. Did not expect this to be successful as Shred XP is supposed to remove all traces of information is the designated folder.

I then reinstalled Flexcolor v4.0.3 and all appears to be OK. Only time will tell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have an Imacon Photo Scanner  and a Hasselblad H3D, with multiple versions of Flexcolor installed. I use Flexcolor 4.0.3 to run the scanner and 4.8.3 with the H3D. On a Mac. I think the uninstall process you are referencing is for uninstalling firmware for the digital backs/cameras and reinstalling  earlier versions of the firmware.

tived

Uninstall Flexcolor
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 09:17:19 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167691\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is great Bob, however, like I said, I am using version 4.5 so you should be able to go up a notch. Though looking at it, there probably isn't that much difference for scanners from what I can tell.

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up