Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll Feed Support  (Read 1361 times)

davewolfs

Roll Feed Support
« on: January 14, 2008, 12:34:15 am »

Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase an inkjet printer and am currently contemplating between the Epson 3800 and 4880.

One feature that I am not sure of is roll feed support.  I am hoping that some of you could chime in on the advantages and usual uses of roll feed support.  

Thanks,

Dave

walter.sk

Roll Feed Support
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:03:58 am »

One feature that I am not sure of is roll feed support.  I am hoping that some of you could chime in on the advantages and usual uses of roll feed support. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167013\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I recently moved from an old Epson 1200 to an HP Z3100 24" printer.  The advantages that I see of the roll feed include:

1) On the same paper, significantly less cost per square foot of paper;

2) The tremendous convenience of having the paper ready to go (assuming it is the right roll for the next job.)

3) The ability to print panoramas longer than the maximum sheet size allowed by the printer driver.

The downside of roll paper is the curl in the prints.  However, I keep a pair of 32x40" foam core archival quality boards handy, and, after letting the prints dry, I press them between the foam boards with my heaviest coffee-table books acting as weights.  The next day, the prints are flat enough to mat and frame

I can't think of any other downside to roll paper.

davewolfs

Roll Feed Support
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:08 pm »

How much cost savings are we talking on paper?
Pages: [1]   Go Up