Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gibson  (Read 11809 times)

Rob C

Gibson
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 01:59:07 pm »

I used to just pick the guitar up by each string and (carefully) bounce it a little.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=170003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could be accused of being a male chauvinist whatever, putting ideas like that about!

We have some high power lines within sight of our place; I count them often and the number never seems to change. However, the number of pigeons and/or seagulls that use them as seduction lines is always changing. Strange thing, bird courtship: all that walking sideways, the inevitable flying away a few feet followed by the always optimistic pursuit - odd.

However, my failed entrance to the world of guitar picking has at least provided those wires with names: E, A, D, G, B and E - quite helpful, really, and I thought you might take some pleasure or even comfort from knowing this.

Rob C

pobrien3

Gibson
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 12:28:23 am »

If you've ever played a recently restrung 12-string I think you might see the logic of auto tuners.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169420\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You probably noticed in my earlier post that I have a gorgeous Taylor 12-string, and yes, I DO use a tuner for that!  I can tune it roughly by ear and I make adjustments over time that way, but somehow small tuning errors in that guitar seem to get amplified (no pun intended).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up