Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Answers for Rob C  (Read 9632 times)

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
Answers for Rob C
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 11:10:00 am »

So you like to drive futt futt too?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=169050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Actually my car is very reliable. It keeps passing it's MOT every year with nothing more than a new windscreen wiper or brake tweak. Geniunely previously owned by a old lady who never used it, my mum! So that helps, along with the fact the bike gets used more often.
This is on one side of my business card and people often wonder if that 's the futt futt futt. It isn't.

Oddly enough I've just been test driving new cars this week, the just launched Fiat 500 and a Prius.

I liked the Fiat, not quite as 'interesting' as the original I used to drive some years back just like this one

which was a real head turner.  A very quirky car!
 I couldn't see the point of the very ugly Prius as it's ecomomy was a bit pants other than being driven very slowly around town. And downhill.
I can get better mileage out of a Golf TDI, even driven very quickly.
I've also been invited this week to try out any of the Land Rover range off road. But the Land Rover I want isn't in the showrooms yet. And it's more efficient than the the Prius! The LRX

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Rob C

Answers for Rob C
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 02:20:47 pm »

The bicycle suddenly seems a good alternative!

Jokes aside, I can understand your thinking about the sense of spending money to sit in a jam. We used to drive from Spain to Glasgow and back up until five years ago when I developed a heart problem and my wife decided that long drives were not going to be a lot of fun anymore.

The last return leg was better because they had just started a direct ferry from Scotland to Belgium which we used.  The first few times we did those trips (pre direct ferry) we could leave Perthshire at 7.30 in the morning and make it to a hotel in Calais by about 8.30 that night. As time went on, it became more and more fraught and the last time we drove south through England we parked, engine off, in the fast lane of the M6, blocked solid. As memory serves, we got as far as Hemel Hempstead that day.

So yes, driving in the good old UK isnĀ“t a lot of fun, whatever you happen to be in at the time.

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up