Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Raw + Bridge + Lightroom problem  (Read 2694 times)

JessicaLuchesi

• http://www.jessicaluchesi.com
Camera Raw + Bridge + Lightroom problem
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:27:39 am »

Hi everyone, I have been looking around for a solution to this. I am a CS3 + Bridge user, but this week, for a thetered photoshoot, a friend suggested Lightroom. I have used it before, when it came out, but dished it on 1.0 in favor of CS3.

Now 1.3 is out, and I installed, and quickly found my way around it again. The photoshoot with USB cable went on like a dream, the client being very impressed on seeing his wife's portraits showing like magic on lightroom, in fullscreen mode, as I went on, and helping me also see what were his favorites and which weren't, and so on.

That's basically the usage I had intended to Lightroom, as I'm not very comfortable with the way it sorts out the photos, and the edit photos. I like to keep my RAW files in one folder, and processed ones in a parallel folder ( named RAW and FINAL ). The add of "-Edit" to photos name kind of confused me, and since I know my way around CS3+Bridge, that never bothered.

This time, when I came home, and went into Bridge to sort, select and start processing the photos, I had a surprise. I usually do this. Still on Bridge, I call ACR by clicking on the image, and on the pop menu selecting "Open in Camera Raw". Then, after I finished the whole batch of settings I desire, I select all other photos I want processed in a similar way, and select the "Previous Settings" on the Development tab on the pop menu still on Bridge. I only go to photoshop, directly from bridge, for photos who need the extra processing work.

Once I installed Lightroom, those options disapeared on the Bridge pop menu. When looking at the Bridge or Lightroom preferences ( I'm on a Mac ), I can't seem to find any checkbox or anything to re-enable that. I checked the Help on Bride, and a checkbox mentioned in the Help "Edits Camera Raw Settings", on the bridge general preferences is nowhere to be found. :|

If anyone has any suggestions on how to have those options re-enabled on Bridge, I'd love to hear. I have tried everything and now I'll uninstall Lightroom, and CS3 and reinstall CS3 alone, to see how that works. I'd love to have both installed at once, to be able to slowly check how things work on Lightroom and see if it's worth the jump, but not being able to work the way I'm used to, because of Lightroom being installed, does suck big time

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 11:41:14 am »

I don't have an answer for you but make sure you de-activate Photoshop before you uninstall it!

JessicaLuchesi

• http://www.jessicaluchesi.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:44:33 am »

I don't have an answer for you but make sure you de-activate Photoshop before you uninstall it!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166727\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks, I did. I'm also browsing forums to search for a solution, but also none to be found :|

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:16:57 pm »

That's basically the usage I had intended to Lightroom, as I'm not very comfortable with the way it sorts out the photos, and the edit photos. I like to keep my RAW files in one folder, and processed ones in a parallel folder ( named RAW and FINAL ). The add of "-Edit" to photos name kind of confused me, and since I know my way around CS3+Bridge, that never bothered.[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166703\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I can't help you with the Bridge issue, but you can still move any processed files to another folder within LR. The Folders in LR [the ones imported anyway] mimic your folders on the hard drive, so you can simply add a folder using whatever file manager/browser you want or add within LR. But if you just label/rate the developed images you can find them very easily in the folder using LR or Bridge.
I hate the '-edit' appendage too.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

billg71

• http://www.billgrahamphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:42:55 pm »

The workflow you described works just fine on my machine with Bridge/CS3/LR all installed. I did install CS3/Bridge after Lightroom, so maybe re-installing them would fix your problem.

Bill
[span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'][span style='color:blue']"The doctor told how he was once fishing in the Wind River area of Wyoming and he looked up and far above on the side of the canyon two dogs sat on a rock peeking at him from the brush that surrounded the rock. Only they weren't dogs, they were coyotes. They were curious about what he might be doing standing in a river waving a stick." [span style='color:black']Jim Harrison, Farmer[/span][/span][/span]
Pages: [1]   Go Up