Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture NX on Mac OS 10.5 with a MacBook  (Read 2297 times)

vaphoto

• vaphoto site
Capture NX on Mac OS 10.5 with a MacBook
« on: January 12, 2008, 09:04:12 am »

Capture NX 1.3 will not open files. I have tried to update to 1.3.1 but I get a message that this file cannot be loaded on my computer. Any ideas?
Bob
vaphoto

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:02:15 am »

When you figure it out, let me know. On a PowerMac G4 system with Leopard and the latest version (with patch) of NX, it crashes every time I try to open an image with it.

What good is it to ship a free copy with every D300 or D3 and have it not work?

My experience with Nikon Capture, since earlier versions, has been nothing but frustration. Why bother, when Lightroom can do whatever I need without driving me nuts?
michael sebast

Colorado David

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:54:10 am »

I have run Nikon Capture 4 on a G4 Macbook and on a PC and Capture NX on a PC and a new iMac.  Other than running slow on the PC, I haven't had any problems at all.

NickJB

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:00:54 pm »

I have tried running NX on my MacBook Pro and and I have to say it's so slow as to be unusable. I've pretty much given up on it. Pity as I've heard good things about the quality of it's conversions, particularly with noise. Of course that may not be so much of an issue wit the new crop of Nikons. I wonder if anyone has compared the quality of noise on the new models run through NX and Lightroom?

nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up