Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bag for h3dII  (Read 3560 times)

alexsar

bag for h3dII
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:46:05 pm »

hello all
having just ordered an H3DII39
I would appreciate your experiences and recommendations re bags  to include the H100 as well as a 50 or possibly a 35;also a small vaio laptop(tz i think it is)
I will be taking it along on trips (including some trekking)
I currently use a lowe pro mini trekker mostly with my nikon d2x gear and two zooms
I also have a Billingham 555 which is nice but not confortable if walking is involved
thanks
alex

j.miller

bag for h3dII
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:56:17 pm »

I have found the Lowepro Vertex series of bags to work quite well for an H-Series system. There are three sizes (100, 200, 300) available, all incorporating adjustable backpack harness systems, as well as all of the accessory straps and hardware.

For a smaller sling-style bag, I am partial to some newer Domke F-Series as well as the Billingham line.

You might look into ThinkTank products as well. They have been coming out with some super inteligent bag designs. They are very much 35mm oriented with a good majority of their bags, but there are a few that will accompdate a 645-sized digital system.

Regards,

Jordan

hello all
I would appreciate your experiences and recommendations re bags  to include the H100 as well as a 50 or possibly a 35;also a small vaio laptop(tz i think it is)
I currently use a lowe pro mini trekker mostly with my nikon d2x gear and two zooms
I also have a Billingham 555 which is nice but not confortable if walking is involved
thanks
alex
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166596\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:07:30 am by j.miller »

alexsar

bag for h3dII
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:51:40 am »

I have found the Lowepro Vertex series of bags to work quite well for an H-Series system. There are three sizes (100, 200, 300) available, all incorporating adjustable backpack harness systems, as well as all of the accessory straps and hardware.

For a smaller sling-style bag, I am partial to some newer Domke F-Series as well as the Billingham line.

You might look into ThinkTank products as well. They have been coming out with some super inteligent bag designs. They are very much 35mm oriented with a good majority of their bags, but there are a few that will accompdate a 645-sized digital system.

Regards,

Jordan
DTG
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166615\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

alexsar

bag for h3dII
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 06:55:28 am »

sorry about the blank before
i am wondering how the vertex is better than the older style bags
particularly wether the harnesses are better since the h system is heavy
thanks

Silverthorne

bag for h3dII
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 09:55:09 pm »

I've been using the Tenba shootout medium. It fits in the airlines and more importantly, the ergonomics of the backpack harnesses fit very well on me. Not all backpack style bags will be easy on the back once 15 to 20 lbs. weight is added. I suppose that depends on each individual and their body frame shape. There are many backpacks that seemed good in the store, but once I added some weight they ended up the rear of my closet.

Negatives- Velcro. That stuff will ruin your gear if you do not cover it, turn it inside out, duck tape all of the loose hooks and loops off and vacuum and blow it off.

Thanks for the tips on the Lowe Pro and Bellingham. It's always nice to add to the collection.

Currently hiking with H3D, 50-110, 28, occasionally a 250, 150 and tri-pod total wt. 35 to 45 lb

MarkKay

• http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
bag for h3dII
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:42:55 pm »

I have a F64 backpack that I pack my H2 leaf aptus back, 35mm, 50-110, and 210, 1.7x, extension tubes along with all the accessories, filters, extra batteries you might think.  Very comfortable and reasonably priced. Depending on the laptop, I believe you could place a computer sleeve in the bag as well albeit I have not done this.

hello all
I would appreciate your experiences and recommendations re bags  to include the H100 as well as a 50 or possibly a 35;also a small vaio laptop(tz i think it is)
thanks
alex
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166596\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

j.miller

bag for h3dII
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 02:59:19 pm »

Alex,
     The Lowepro Vertex bags a bit more rectangular in shape, as apposed to the more traditional oval shape of most backpack camera bags. This allows more room for the bigger, chunky(er) cameras and lenses.

Lowepro has designed a nice harness system for the Vertex bags, without making the straps overly bulky. You have some additional padding on the underside of the bag, where it rests on your back.

Regards,

Jordan

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166684\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:07:16 am by j.miller »

adamdbates

• http://www.shutterspeedtravel.com/
bag for h3dII
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 03:10:23 am »

I use a pelli 1510 case for plane trips.  I used to be able to get a couple of canon bodies, a 600mmF4 and other bits and pieces.  Now the Hassey kit fills it.  Great thing I like about it on Safari is that it is dust and water proof ... and it has wheels for those long walks through Heathrow.

Adam

alexsar

bag for h3dII
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:03:27 am »

I use a pelli 1510 case for plane trips.  I used to be able to get a couple of canon bodies, a 600mmF4 and other bits and pieces.  Now the Hassey kit fills it.  Great thing I like about it on Safari is that it is dust and water proof ... and it has wheels for those long walks through Heathrow.

Adam
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167264\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
adam
my reservation re hard cases is that I guess you need a second one (backpack?) once away from the airport if trekking;
on the other hand I guess they save you from the nightmare scenario of being asked by an airline to check your backpack in the cargo hold (I have increasingly seen airlines getting more difficult especially in small planes)...

Alex

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
bag for h3dII
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 02:49:10 pm »

I have a Tumi daypack that can take an MF camera, some accessories and some clothes; it's been around the world with me a couple of times - having no checked luggage gets me an extra security check but also gets me out of the airport half an hour before the rest of the crowd.

Edmund
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:50:15 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up