Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800  (Read 3324 times)

bolampaul

Epson 3800
« on: January 11, 2008, 07:12:13 am »

Just bought the printer and tried to print on A2 Ilford Gold Fibre Silk.

Unfortunately at the end of the print there is what looks like parallel horizontal scratches about a 1/4" square size about 1.5" from the edge. Nearby there are two black ink marks. It looks like the paper might have bowed and hit the print head..........any idea how I can fix?

Details:
Paper type setting = Premium semigloss
DPI = 2880
Platen gap = auto
paper thickness setting = 3
I used the auto sheet feeder (for single sheet)
Thanks,
Paul.

alfin

Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:14:32 am »

Just bought the printer and tried to print on A2 Ilford Gold Fibre Silk.

Unfortunately at the end of the print there is what looks like parallel horizontal scratches about a 1/4" square size about 1.5" from the edge. Nearby there are two black ink marks. It looks like the paper might have bowed and hit the print head..........any idea how I can fix?

Details:
Paper type setting = Premium semigloss
DPI = 2880
Platen gap = auto
paper thickness setting = 3
I used the auto sheet feeder (for single sheet)
Thanks,
Paul.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166479\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Change platen gap to wide and paper thickness to 4 and I also suggest you print from the rear feeder for all fine art type papers, i.e. thick and stiff papers.
Lars Mollerstrom

picnic

Epson 3800
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:26:14 am »

Change platen gap to wide and paper thickness to 4 and I also suggest you print from the rear feeder for all fine art type papers, i.e. thick and stiff papers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166486\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Glad to see your post--I thought I remembered that it needed a wider platen gap.  I just got my Ilford samples yesterday and plan to print some today.  The paper looks very nice--printed Harman samples earlier in the week so am anxious to see the Ilford as comparison.

Diane

alfin

Epson 3800
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:51:33 am »

Glad to see your post--I thought I remembered that it needed a wider platen gap.  I just got my Ilford samples yesterday and plan to print some today.  The paper looks very nice--printed Harman samples earlier in the week so am anxious to see the Ilford as comparison.

Diane
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think the Ilford paper is OK, but the ’silk’ in its name says more about what you can expect than any references to baryta layers. The only thing it has in common with Harman Gloss FB Al is the smell of baryta. The Ilford paper is unfortunately not unique in any way, not at all like the Harman paper to my mind. The Ilford paper reminds me more of the others with smooth silk and pearl surfaces. Nice papers but nothing very special.

BR/Lars
Lars Mollerstrom

bolampaul

Epson 3800
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 08:26:04 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166486\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks for help........changed to new settings and all work's fine!
Pages: [1]   Go Up