Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100-48" VS Epson 9880 ....output quality  (Read 3061 times)

sonamair

HP Z3100-48" VS Epson 9880 ....output quality
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:27:37 pm »

HP Z3100 44" OR Epson 9880

I will be buying one of these very soon and..............
I love the feature set of the HP. I have the 4800 and hate the ink change issue. I undersand most of the specification differences. I was wondering who out there has objective experience with the output quality on both Matte and Photo type papers between these two printers. Both color and B+W. I know the 9880 is quite new and the output would be at least similar to the 9800.
I will be printing photography almost exclusively.

Also any particularly usefull info that may not be obvious by the specs or info already provided in the few ongoing threads about these printers, that might be of interest and not redundant to others following this thread and that might help in this decision, will be appreciated.

I did PM several individuals who were great in answering and who generaly had high praise about the HP Z 3100.

I did not see a thread like this and thought it might be usefull for others as well.
Many thanks in advance for your expertice and experience
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:48:00 pm by sonamair »

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:43:18 am »

Assuming you mean the HP Z3100.
I believe a piezo printer has advantages over a thermal printer , but you must investigate this yourself.
If you are not desperate maybe you should wait until at least PMA in a few weeks.
If you use gloss/lustre and matte papres the 9880 will drive you crazy or broke or both.
 A solution , though, may be at hand.
Remember I may not be right.
Cheers,
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au

FastGlass

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:52:44 am »

If you use gloss/lustre and matte papres the 9880 will drive you crazy or broke or both.
 A solution , though, may be at hand.
Remember I may not be right.

What do you mean with this?

Thanks,

FastGlass
Pages: [1]   Go Up