Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leopard and color management  (Read 3300 times)

BrunoW

• http://
Leopard and color management
« on: January 10, 2008, 02:35:18 pm »

Hi

LR tells me to make sure to turn off printer color management in the Print dialog box when using a specific paper profile.

Unfortunately I can't see a place where to do this. There is no such opportunity along the print workflow (HP DJ 130nr).

I wonder whether I missed something - or is this onother OSX 10.5 Leopard compatibility issue?

Thanks for comments

Bruno

michael

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:04:25 pm »

It's in your your printer driver under Color Management. Just makes sure it says OFF.

Michael

BrunoW

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 03:39:35 pm »

It's in your your printer driver under Color Management. Just makes sure it says OFF.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Michael

Sorry - I've just made the transition to Mac: where would I find this?

And while we're here: any idea about HP System Maintenance Tool - when I start it there is an error message "Error creating folder".

Bruno
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:42:44 pm by BrunoW »

michael

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:34 pm »

When you press Print it is one of the selections in the Printer Driver. This isn't a mac thing. It's the same in Windows.

You may wish to watch our video on printing. It covers these settings in detail.

Michael

gkroeger

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:34 pm »

Thanks Michael

Sorry - I've just made the transition to Mac: where would I find this?
And while we're here: any idea about HP System Maintenance Tool - when I start it there is an error message "Error creating folder".
Bruno
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166372\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Once you get to the print dialog (in photoshop, that is after the first print dialog) there is a pull-down menu that starts with "Layout".  In the second group of items you will find "Printer Color Management".  Turn it off there.

BrunoW

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:45:36 pm »

When you press Print it is one of the selections in the Printer Driver. This isn't a mac thing. It's the same in Windows.

You may wish to watch our video on printing. It covers these settings in detail.

Michael
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166373\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll watch it again - promised.

But when I press PRINT, I get a window which offers the options: PDF - Preview - Cancel - PRINT

On pressing PRINT again, the image is sent to the printer
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:45:56 pm by BrunoW »

BrunoW

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:16:14 am »

Thanks.

Although I have been desperately looking for a place to deactivate "printer manages color" the small, unlabelled blue arrow beside the printer name has failed to catch my attention ...

I wonder what the people may had in mind, when they chose to set the default of the window to collapsed instead of expanded. Is this a "hide-and-find" interface? Apparently I'm just not smart enough for this game.

Bruno

francois

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 03:36:11 am »

Thanks.

Although I have been desperately looking for a place to deactivate "printer manages color" the small, unlabelled blue arrow beside the printer name has failed to catch my attention ...

I wonder what the people may had in mind, when they chose to set the default of the window to collapsed instead of expanded. Is this a "hide-and-find" interface? Apparently I'm just not smart enough for this game.

Bruno
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166444\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bruno,
You'll find the unlabelled arrow in many places like save dialogs. This is supposedly done to simplify the interface for basic users…
Francois

gkroeger

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 11:19:21 am »

Thanks.

Bruno
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166444\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry Bruno... I should have thought of that.  While I like the concept of the simplified dialog for novice users, I chastise Apple for not labeling the button that exposes advanced settings!

Glenn

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 02:38:46 am »

Sorry Bruno... I should have thought of that.  While I like the concept of the simplified dialog for novice users, I chastise Apple for not labeling the button that exposes advanced settings!

Glenn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166521\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I don't know if the 130 is included but HP updated their drivers for the majority of printers in the end of December for Leopard. So far I only found a few minor bugs in applications other than Photoshop.
The utility is looking for a root folder that has been changed. It is something that will have to be updated, or someone write a terminal command/shell script to do this. HP should but I have no idea when they would do so.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 04:18:11 pm »

You'll find the unlabelled arrow in many places like save dialogs. This is supposedly done to simplify the interface for basic users…
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166459\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
'Supposedly' is the right word.
I find hiding things makes dialogues harder to use, not easier. Especially when you are a beginner as you may know what you want to do, but not how to do it and being given less options is really not helpful. Particularly when the extra options button is so discrete.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele
Pages: [1]   Go Up