Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High end print & mat services?  (Read 2113 times)

AndyF2

High end print & mat services?
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:07:38 pm »

Are there any services that will handle the order acceptance for a print from an online gallery, custom printing the photograph on fine art paper, double matting, and shipment to customers?  This may sound like I want to offload most of the work in selling my own work, and that's what it is.  Once I'm happy with how the image is printed it's nice and perhaps expected by the buyer that I would print, mat, and check the print before it's shipped.  However that will take longer (sometimes much longer!) than having one high end company whose business is fulfilling fine art print orders take care of this as soon as it's ordered.

Some companies that have been mentioned in threads here (White House, Nash Editions, West Coast Imaging, Bay Photo Pro) provide excellent printing services on fine art papers, but don't offer the rest of the process to finish (double mat, etc) the entire print.  There are also other companies that offer prints on request (Zenfolio using EZPrints, SmugMug for instance), but I don't want to sell $10 unmounted prints.

Thanks for any comments,
Andy

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:24:17 pm »

American Frame?  I know they talk of being able to do that.  Dunno the quality of the prints.

thompsonkirk

• http://www.red-green-blue.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:42:13 pm »

A friend tried 'em & was unhappy with the print quality.

AndyF2

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:45:15 pm »

American Frame?  I know they talk of being able to do that.  Dunno the quality of the prints.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166037\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
They look interesting, and their strength is certainly in frames.  I'll look into them also.
Thanks
Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up