Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy with your P25 to P25+ Upgrade?  (Read 2460 times)

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
Happy with your P25 to P25+ Upgrade?
« on: January 08, 2008, 12:10:05 am »

I searched the forum but only found one post from a P25 owner who upgraded to a P25+, and not much in that post either.  So, for those who had a P25 and upgraded to 25+

1)  Are you happy that you did it?

2)  What differences are you seeing?  Michael's P45+ review talked about slightly sharper images and some additional DR, so did this improvement trickle down to the P25+ too?

3)  If you could go back in time, how much would you be willing to spend on the upgrade know then what you know now?

If you rather not discuss this publicly and prefer to PM or email, that's fine too.  Thanks.

kevinwilson

• http://www.kevinwilson.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 02:57:18 pm »

I searched the forum but only found one post from a P25 owner who upgraded to a P25+, and not much in that post either.  So, for those who had a P25 and upgraded to 25+

1)  Are you happy that you did it?

2)  What differences are you seeing?  Michael's P45+ review talked about slightly sharper images and some additional DR, so did this improvement trickle down to the P25+ too?

3)  If you could go back in time, how much would you be willing to spend on the upgrade know then what you know now?

If you rather not discuss this publicly and prefer to PM or email, that's fine too.  Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165813\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jon,
I upgraded to the 25+ and was pleased with the choice to do so. Obviously the screen is more like what you would expect and makes for easier analysis of the file. Colour out of camera is, or seems to be better.
Kevin

John_Black

• http://www.pebbleplace.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 07:46:02 pm »

Thanks Kevin.  In what way would you say the color is better?  I read a post a couple weeks ago where somebody said black was better with P25+ and purple was better with the P25.  Presumably that's something to do with the IR filter.

amsp

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 08:22:50 pm »

Thanks Kevin.  In what way would you say the color is better?  I read a post a couple weeks ago where somebody said black was better with P25+ and purple was better with the P25.  Presumably that's something to do with the IR filter.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have a regular P25 and have no trouble with any colors. Actually I have no real complaints at all, it's an amazing back that keeps knocking my socks off almost every time I look at the files after a new shoot. Of course there are things I would wish for, such as a better display and clean ISO 1600 would be nice. But I'm waiting for next gen backs before considering an upgrade, + series are not enough of a leap for me to cough up that kind of cash.

kevinwilson

• http://www.kevinwilson.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 04:14:48 am »

I have a regular P25 and have no trouble with any colors. Actually I have no real complaints at all, it's an amazing back that keeps knocking my socks off almost every time I look at the files after a new shoot. Of course there are things I would wish for, such as a better display and clean ISO 1600 would be nice. But I'm waiting for next gen backs before considering an upgrade, + series are not enough of a leap for me to cough up that kind of cash.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166015\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nothing wrong with the 25, perfectly good and produces great files. However, I do feel that the shadow area has been improved somewhat and as pointed out already, the screen is vastly improved. I use mine for studio work and any stylised wedding photography, in addition I use the 1DSMK2 for the informal side of things.
Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up