Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustration of calling HP Australia Support  (Read 2550 times)

David Budd

Frustration of calling HP Australia Support
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:28:14 pm »

This may or may not be the place to post this, but frustration has got the better of me.

After trying for 48 hours to access  HP's Z3100 driver download page without success...(message
comes up "this page is unavailable:) I decided to contact  the Australian HP support line to find out when this problem would be rectified.

Not surprisingly I was connected to a Indian call centre, and after a 10 minute discussion we both   agreed that neither of us could understand the other.

I not sure if anyone from HP Australia or the US reads this forum, but if if you do please provide a support service that is both commensurate with being A Fortune 500 Company and provided a  reasonable level of service to clients that have heavily invested in your products.

In closing I would like to say that this frustration has come not come from this particular incident
but my general experience of dealing with HP Australia support.

It a pity that such a fine product as Z3100 is let down by such a fundamental requirement..service

Now thats off my chest I feel better....

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 09:14:35 pm »

I understand the frustration.  Your experience is common place here in the U.S.  Dell  has a manufacturing plant just about 100 miles away from where I live but their phone and online support is in India.  I quit with the phones and went to online chat support with them.  It was a much better experience.

Truth be told HP is actually a Fortune 100 company.  Click here.

Now to the more important stuff.  Have you been able to find the driver page yet?  Maybe we can help.
Regards,
Ron

David Budd

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:28:18 pm »

Truth be told HP is actually a Fortune 100 company.

Thanks Ron...Fortune 100.. makes it even more relevant

This is the page that I am trying to access via HP printer utility

https://h41186.www4.hp.com/country/us/en/Sh...?pageseq=187365

Thanks

David

rdonson

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:38:40 pm »

Try this link, David.

and.... while you're waiting for the HP page to load check out this video for a little humor on your customer experience.  It makes me laugh anyway.
Regards,
Ron

David Budd

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 09:55:31 pm »

Ron,

Thanks I tried your link but its still down at this end.

Yes I think the video sums it up to a tee.. perhaps a copy of it sent to HP's CEO wouldn't go amiss

David

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 09:59:08 pm »

Well.... at least you got to see the video.  Sorry the link doesn't work though.

Hmmmmmm....the link works fine for me although I do have to log in.  HP's websites are so disjointed that I think I now have three different logins to get to Z3100 stuff.
Regards,
Ron

David Budd

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 11:20:25 pm »

Ron,

The God's of HP must have been reading this post as your link is now working

What I have downloaded is the HP Photosmart Pro Print for CS3 after seeing it in Micheal Reichmann & Jeff Schwee Camera to Print video.

It shows the utility installed under "Automate" but on my Mac Intel 10.4.11 nothing.

According to the Pro Pro print installer it has been installed in CS3

Wonder if you could through some light on it.

Thanks

David

rdonson

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:59 am »

David,

In my experience there are few websites as slow as the conglomeration of sites from HP.  As you might expect HP acts like they're at least a half dozen companies instead of one.

The HP Photosmart Pro Print Plug-in is available only on the Mac.  They've been promising a version for Windows for at least six months now.  I'm on a Windows box so I've never really used it.  Perhaps others on Macs can comment.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up