Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: french beach long exposure  (Read 7643 times)

rbayle

french beach long exposure
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:50:09 pm »

hello,

A photo I made at sooke, vancouver island.

30s exposure at 55mm iso 200.

very early first rays were lighting the beach and it was raining.

I like the moving feeling of that photo, rain, waves, pebbles, clouds...

I will expose that photo printed 20X30...should be pretty nice!

thanks for your comments
romain

romain bayle pictures

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 02:20:55 am »

I like it, thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Bernard

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 04:15:40 am »

To me it looks like one of those inspirational posters - but it would say 'DEPRESSION' as the caption.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 04:15:49 am by kaelaria »

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 12:40:29 pm »

I like it and would describe it as more ethereal than depressing.  I love the composition.  

I'd be interested in seeing a slightly bluer, less green interpretation.  I'd also love to see the texture of the foreground water a little better.  At the posted size I suspect we are loosing a lot and I'm curious if the water has the mercurial softness that I'm reading into it from this small image.

Thanks for sharing.
-Ron
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

rbayle

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 12:53:16 pm »

I like it and would describe it as more ethereal than depressing.  I love the composition. 

I'd be interested in seeing a slightly bluer, less green interpretation.  I'd also love to see the texture of the foreground water a little better.  At the posted size I suspect we are loosing a lot and I'm curious if the water has the mercurial softness that I'm reading into it from this small image.

Thanks for sharing.
-Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165910\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks for all your comments

Ron- yes a lot of details are visible in the foreground, moving pebbles and bubbles.
same feeling as this picture ( the new one posted), on the large print you can see all the moving bubbles, I love it!

Bernard-I really like your work!

kaelaria-I don't think it's depressing...just a different vision of the sea!

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 01:54:19 pm »

To me it looks like one of those inspirational posters - but it would say 'DEPRESSION' as the caption.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165842\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Stephen King, even?

Rob C

Peter McLennan

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:01:07 pm »

Very nice.  I was there yesterday.     You did far better than my $100 Samsung P&S

rbayle

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 01:04:21 pm »

Very nice.  I was there yesterday.     You did far better than my $100 Samsung P&S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167003\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks Rob!
it's not the camera that is creating a picture...

romain

Er1kksen

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 12:12:33 pm »

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href=\"http://despair.com/viewall.html]http://despair.com/viewall.html[/url]

But really, for me I get not a sense of depression, but of that sort of half-lonely solitude many of us wander-prone introvert types are prone to... not really a positive or negative emotion, just something pure...

rbayle

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 03:21:44 pm »

http://despair.com/viewall.html

But really, for me I get not a sense of depression, but of that sort of half-lonely solitude many of us wander-prone introvert types are prone to... not really a positive or negative emotion, just something pure...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167345\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thank you for your comment and for the link!
romain

Er1kksen

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 06:45:28 pm »

thank you for your comment and for the link!
romain
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167390\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe there's a page on that website that allows you to make posters with your own images and text, by the way...

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 05:20:32 am »

http://despair.com/viewall.html

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167345\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wonderful site! Absolutely magical to see somebody come up with something that isn´t covered in fairy dust, doesn´t promises you total sex-appeal, irresistible charm or even better breath!

You should add this to the list of interesting sites created elsewhere in this group of threads.

Also, your description of the mindset is spot-on. My experience of life has proven beyond doubt (to me) that joy and happiness are not the norm, they are simply the peaks (or troughs, depending on taste) of the rhythm of existence - the norm is somewhere in the middle, between great ups and deeper lows.

Thanks again - Rob C

rbayle

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 12:06:05 pm »

Wonderful site! Absolutely magical to see somebody come up with something that isn´t covered in fairy dust, doesn´t promises you total sex-appeal, irresistible charm or even better breath!

You should add this to the list of interesting sites created elsewhere in this group of threads.

Also, your description of the mindset is spot-on. My experience of life has proven beyond doubt (to me) that joy and happiness are not the norm, they are simply the peaks (or troughs, depending on taste) of the rhythm of existence - the norm is somewhere in the middle, between great ups and deeper lows.

Thanks again - Rob C
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"My experience of life has proven beyond doubt (to me) that joy and happiness are not the norm, they are simply the peaks (or troughs, depending on taste) of the rhythm of existence - the norm is somewhere in the middle, between great ups and deeper lows."

nothing more to say.

romain

Provokot

• http://www.pauldaveycreative.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 02:51:00 pm »

To my mind this picture sums up what it takes to stand head and shoulders above the millions of new photographers that the digital revolution has delivered.

Its the kind of shot that separates the wheat from the chaff in that a photographer will wake up early, will go out in the cold and dark and will revel in the fact that it is raining, because it will mean atmosphere.

The result? A lovely ethereal image that is unique.

Wanna be a great photographer? Step out of your comfort zone as this pic masterfully demonstrates.

rbayle

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:21:30 pm »

To my mind this picture sums up what it takes to stand head and shoulders above the millions of new photographers that the digital revolution has delivered.

Its the kind of shot that separates the wheat from the chaff in that a photographer will wake up early, will go out in the cold and dark and will revel in the fact that it is raining, because it will mean atmosphere.

The result? A lovely ethereal image that is unique.

Wanna be a great photographer? Step out of your comfort zone as this pic masterfully demonstrates.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=172518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul thank you very much for that comment!

it makes me really happy to see how people are reacting with this picture, which I love.
when I was shooting I had a good feeling, perfect ambiance, not the weather
nice light, lots of movements, all the elements I wanted when I woke up for that shoot!

right now, and for 2 month (from february 1st to march 31) it's exposed (with other pictures) at the west vancouver memorial library (1950 marine drive, west vancouver).

thanks again for that very nice comment
romain
Pages: [1]   Go Up