Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson R2400 - How much image loss via borderless?  (Read 2553 times)

theboyk

Epson R2400 - How much image loss via borderless?
« on: January 06, 2008, 02:10:22 pm »

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has measurements for how much the image is enlarged when printing borderless as a result of the image expansion?

I just output a custom print @ 10.82" x 4" (WxH) on a 4" roll and I lost roughly the following from the image (comparing the print to the original crop in Photoshop when holding print landscape oriented):

Top = .093"
Bottom = .157"
Left Side = .282"
Right Side = .255"

When printing to the roll you have no control via the driver on how much the expansion is (auto-set to max and you can't change it — cut sheets you can slide down to min, but not with rolls) so the only thing I can think of (other than printing to 8.3" rolls and wasting paper) is to compensate for the expansion when making my final crop in photoshop, but to do this I'm hoping to find accurate measurements on how much each edge of the image is enlarged (and I'm hoping this is standard across all paper sizes, etc.).

If anyone knows where I'd get this information, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kristin.

scarlet

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 03:02:52 pm »

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has measurements for how much the image is enlarged when printing borderless as a result of the image expansion?

I just output a custom print @ 10.82" x 4" (WxH) on a 4" roll and I lost roughly the following from the image (comparing the print to the original crop in Photoshop when holding print landscape oriented):

Top = .093"
Bottom = .157"
Left Side = .282"
Right Side = .255"

When printing to the roll you have no control via the driver on how much the expansion is (auto-set to max and you can't change it — cut sheets you can slide down to min, but not with rolls) so the only thing I can think of (other than printing to 8.3" rolls and wasting paper) is to compensate for the expansion when making my final crop in photoshop, but to do this I'm hoping to find accurate measurements on how much each edge of the image is enlarged (and I'm hoping this is standard across all paper sizes, etc.).

If anyone knows where I'd get this information, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Kristin.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165467\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i am also looking for the same thing hae you found a soluution for it yet?

theboyk

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:23:51 am »

i am also looking for the same thing hae you found a soluution for it yet?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168417\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Scarlet.
I spoke with my Epson rep and they were unable to provide me with any information to help. For now I'm just printing to larger rolls but I've started setting up some tests to determine the expansion (just had to put it on hold for now as I have some projects to get done for March).
I'll post the results here when I get them though!
k.

na goodman

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:21:25 pm »

[On the wider formats it is .23
Pages: [1]   Go Up