Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Murphy/Color Management Essentials  (Read 2255 times)

mistybreeze

Chris Murphy/Color Management Essentials
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:26:46 pm »

I saw Chris Murphy and Karl Lang at their Color Calibration & Displays seminar at PhotoPlusExpo 2007. Having never experienced Chris Murphy "live" before, in some ways I was more impressed with his command of knowledge and his ability to de-geek the information in comparison to Karl Lang. Chris's teaching style is a tad more user-friendly. I enjoyed him very much.

Lo and behold, I got an email this week from lynda.com announcing Chris Murphy's new course, "Color Management Essential Training." I'm halfway through and all I can say is WOW!

I view the imperfect world of digital color management as a royal pain in the ass. Even the scientists agree to disagree. It's very difficult for many photographers to wrap their creative brain cells around this geek subject and I stand among them.

Chris Murphy's course isn't a walk in the park but at least it's available online, whenever you want it and viewable as many times as you wish to endure it. It's availability at lynda.com is a coup for lynda. One can only hope the more times you watch the better you will understand.

Now that lynda has competition with Vegas performer Scott Kelby, maybe lynda's subscription price will drop. But even at $25, a month with Chris Murphy is manna from heaven.

jed best

Chris Murphy/Color Management Essentials
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:33:41 pm »

I'd like to second the positive comments on Chris's course at Lynda.com. As a subscriber to Lynda.com I have viewed a lot of their courses. While many are very good, Chris's is excellent. I encourage anyone interested in color management to view it.

Jed Best
Pages: [1]   Go Up