Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isle of Jura, Scotland  (Read 5674 times)

sojournerphoto

Isle of Jura, Scotland
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:05:38 pm »

Just finished working on a  pamorama I shot last summer on the isle of Jura, off the west coast of Scotland. After saying earlier that I hadn't found that I liked the film renderings from DXo, i used the velvia rendering for the land part, but masked the sky. I've a print at 55 by 14 waiting to be framed that looks really nice, imho:)

Hope that someone likes it.

Mike

[attachment=4553:attachment]

JMCP

Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:50:04 pm »

A nice capture of the famous 'paps' of Jura. I attempted a few pictures from Jura and Islay last year whilst doing some cycling on the islands but none of them turned out to be anything special, just nice snaps.

Cheers John

sojournerphoto

Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »

A nice capture of the famous 'paps' of Jura. I attempted a few pictures from Jura and Islay last year whilst doing some cycling on the islands but none of them turned out to be anything special, just nice snaps.
Cheers John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165298\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks John. We've been visiting Jura and Islay on and off for a few years, and you are really dependent on the weather and luck for a short visit. I've got loads of nice and not so nice snaps:) We're looking forward to another visit in a few weeks.

Mike

JMCP

Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 09:14:05 pm »

Hi Mike,

just incase you haven't been there yet, try and get to Mahir bay on Islay, I had been to Islay a few times and it was only on my last visit that I stumbled across it, it is a beautiful sandy bay.

Cheers John

rvanr

• http://www.vanruitenbeek.com/
Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 01:38:24 pm »

Hope that someone likes it.

Mike

[attachment=4553:attachment]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165280\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The more important thing is that you are happy with it (unless you made it for selling).

I like the composition and the colours, but it is impossible to say what a print would look and feel like from a web image.

West coast of Scotland and the islands are among my favourite places on earth. Our two Bengal cats are called Islay and Jura!

sojournerphoto

Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:48:20 pm »

The more important thing is that you are happy with it (unless you made it for selling).

I like the composition and the colours, but it is impossible to say what a print would look and feel like from a web image.

West coast of Scotland and the islands are among my favourite places on earth. Our two Bengal cats are called Islay and Jura!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165464\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. I'm happy - it took a while to get the colours rendered to what I envisaged when I shot it, so all the more worthwhile. If I sell a couple that's nice, but that's not the reason for taking it. Interestingly I lloked at it on my screen at work today and the colours are way off those on my calibrated monitor here - almost surprising how far out they can be!

We too love the islands, and particularly Jura and Islay. Now looking forward to a February visit... Machir Bay calls.

Mike

capricornus67

• http://www.gerlach-beimerstetten.de
Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 03:54:37 am »

Great picture.
Where is the next distillery?

Cheers,
Jochen
Canon EOS 5D MARK II with some Lenses

sojournerphoto

Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 09:27:41 am »

Great picture.
Where is the next distillery?

Cheers,
Jochen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=168950\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only distillery on Jura is about 5 miles back along the road in Craighouse (the only 'village'). However, when you cross back tae Islay there are 8 more to visit:)

Personal favourites are Laphroig, Ardbeg and Bruichladdich...

Mike

Wim van Velzen

• http://www.fotografiewimvanvelzen.nl
Isle of Jura, Scotland
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 10:53:03 am »

Nice shot! Reminds me of my own Jura view, from the Isle of Mull (try to find the paps!):
view to Jura from Mull
I don't have a signature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up