Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Roundtrip LR to CS3  (Read 1574 times)

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Problem Roundtrip LR to CS3
« on: January 05, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

Running Vista 32 bit, dual core with 4 GB RAM
I recently scanned a batch of slides and monochrome negs for a project I am working on. Scanned with VueScan 5400 dpi 16 bit RGB files all as positives so the negs show as negs in LR. Big files many 310 MB.
Croping and vignetting corrections done in LR, but using PS CS3 to invert neg to positives. First file opens fine in PS do my invert and return to LR, all is well, I save and close the file in PS and continue to edit in LR including conversion to grayscale and subsquent adjustments and sharpen. Looks good so far.
Proceed to next image to do the same thing. Get an unknown error messaage in LR but all seems to work ok as /first image above.
Third image again get unknown error message in LR on sending it to PS, Invert OK and save, exit and return to LR, this inverted image (TIFF) is there but LR locks up, I get a Warning dialogue box that does not even fill in with the warning and if I wait long enough I get a patcher application failed message. LR locks, only solution is to re-boot. I got a lot of negs to process so this is a big PIA.
Any suggestions, wisdom or workarounds greatly appreciated. If all else fails I will just use CR and convert my files to TIFFs and then import into LR for processing and printing but would prefer the round trip ticket to work consitently.

Rusty

• http://www.woodsgift.ca/
Problem Roundtrip LR to CS3
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:15:10 pm »

Well I carried on the difference being disabling the Bridge start with photoshop preference and only got the warning message that the file would not be sent to PS once more. I promptly closed and re-opened LR and it continued to work ok. The files that I got a warning on did go roundtrip OK after LR re-start. Perhaps my system has issues running LR with Bridge open, I don't know, and will leave this for the Pixel guys to ponder.
As an aside, it was a real pleasure to be working with negatives in LR
Pages: [1]   Go Up