Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USA Hy6 - user update  (Read 2894 times)

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
USA Hy6 - user update
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:51:37 am »

Perhaps, USA photographers who have expressed interest in the SINAR Hy6, and may have attended a demo, or may have purchased might be able to provide some feedback about their experiences with this new system.

Calumet is offering a rental arrangement that would allow for the use of the rental payments up to $5,000 to be used as an offset against the price of a Hy6.  I do not have the complete details.  Has anyone who lives near a Calumet store looked into this offer, and can provide additional detail?

In Connecticut my dealer has been doing his best to scare up a demo for the clients he serves, and has not yet been successful.  Is there more that can be shared about the arrival in the USA of these cameras and backs?

Finally, is their a basis to chose the LEAF product instead of the SINAR?  Perhaps, you might have read my earlier unfavorable experiences with SINAR's Capture Shop version and my application, which has for me prompted the question.

Best regards,

Jerry Reed

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:18:24 am »

Dear Jerry,

there is no specific issue with CS and Leopard, from the feedback we have. Thus, your suggestion that CS is not working is a bit exaggerated. Please read also my reply to your other post "SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1, Does not play nicely with Leopard"

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

Perhaps, USA photographers who have expressed interest in the SINAR Hy6, and may have attended a demo, or may have purchased might be able to provide some feedback about their experiences with this new system.

Calumet is offering a rental arrangement that would allow for the use of the rental payments up to $5,000 to be used as an offset against the price of a Hy6.  I do not have the complete details.  Has anyone who lives near a Calumet store looked into this offer, and can provide additional detail?

In Connecticut my dealer has been doing his best to scare up a demo for the clients he serves, and has not yet been successful.  Is there more that can be shared about the arrival in the USA of these cameras and backs?

Finally, is their a basis to chose the LEAF product instead of the SINAR?  Perhaps, you might have read my earlier unfavorable experiences with SINAR's Capture Shop version and my application, which has for me prompted the question.

Best regards,

Jerry Reed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:44:22 am »

I am reporting what I am experiencing.  I am using the advice provided by persons whom I believe to be reliable.  Perhaps, I have incorrectly attributed my observations to Capture Shop, please be assured that I have not exaggerated.

Jerry Reed

Dear Jerry,

there is no specific issue with CS and Leopard, from the feedback we have. Thus, your suggestion that CS is not working is a bit exaggerated. Please read also my reply to your other post "SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1, Does not play nicely with Leopard"

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:06:17 am »

Dear Jerry,

in this case I think it is more appropriate to send us details like a "System Profile" and the "Crash Log", which will help to address the issue.

I am convinced that this is not related to CS itself.

best regards,
Thierry

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165174\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

H1/A75 Guy

USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 11:26:02 am »

is their a basis to chose the LEAF product
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165168\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Quite frankly, yes. Once you have discovered the joy of a Leaf file there is little that compares to the ease and excellence of running the file through LC 11. Leaf has been improving their Leaf Capture software since 1992. They have had allot of time to get it right. Now that LC 11 is rock solid (especially with a Mac) the focus on enhancements gets better with each new release. And the releases just keep coming. LC 11.0.2 is just around the corner. You can't go wrong buying a Leaf based on the Software alone!

David
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:58:18 pm by H1/A75 Guy »

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:48:44 am »

Hear hear! How long ago was it that Leaf was burned to the ground because of their crappy software?  

Still, I find LC11 excellent but it is slow. Fortunately files can be dealt with by a number of raw converters and some have an output which is pretty similar IQ-wise as LC.

I now work with Hasselblad but I would not mind using Leaf either. (did use Leaf until recently)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:50:43 am by Dustbak »

BJNY

USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:37:29 pm »

Calumet is offering a rental arrangement that would allow for the use of the rental payments up to $5,000 to be used as an offset against the price of a Hy6.  I do not have the complete details.  Has anyone who lives near a Calumet store looked into this offer, and can provide additional detail?[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here is SinarBron's promotion:

[a href=\"http://www.sinarbron.com/documents/Sinar_Promo.pdf]http://www.sinarbron.com/documents/Sinar_Promo.pdf[/url]
Guillermo

H1/A75 Guy

USA Hy6 - user update
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 02:10:04 pm »

If you would like an alternative to Calumet and are looking for fair pricing on an AFi, I would recommend Keeble & Shuchat Photography in northern California. No sales tax on units shipped from California. You would contact Don or Mary at (650) 327-8511.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up