Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1  (Read 2154 times)

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1
« on: January 05, 2008, 05:40:11 am »

I have made a lot of unnecessary work for myself by upgrading my MAC operating system to Leopard, and am wondering if it is known (thought, believed) when a version of Capture Shop might be likely to become available that would play nicely with Leopard.

I am using a Sinarcam 2 to create the digital files that are used to make giclées for artists.  At several points in the process, I need to shut everything down, and restart first the power to the shutter, then camera and finally re-boot the Macbook Pro running Leopard and Capture shop 5.5.1

The most frequent problems are the EXPORTing of the TIF files.  Even saving them to the DESKTOP one at a time causes a failure that requires an ABORT, then a re-boot of the whole system which includes the camera as previously mentioned.

It took me the better part of the day yesterday to create 4 files. So, I am considering stepping back to the previous version of the Mac operating system, but I know that this change will affect other programs that are happily riding on Leopard, the one that required a big change when upgrading (did I say UPgrade?) was IMAGE PRINT.  If I knew, or believed that compatibility was nearly at hand I might be better off just hanging in there.

Have you heard anything that would set my mind at ease?

Jerry Reed

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:04:14 am »

Dear Jerry,

from the feedback we have, CS 5.5.1 runs smoothly with Leopard, so I suspect another problem than compatibility.

Fist moves to try:

- Trash of the CS Preferences
- Re-install of CS

If you did this already, I can provide you a 5.5.2 Beta: contact me by PM and I shall send you a link to download and try this beta, although it has not been written for the particular problem you encounter.

If this still does not help, then please kindly contact our tech at tech@sinarcameras.com
By contacting our tech, kindly provide them a "System Profile" of your computer, as well as the "Crash Log" (Library ---> Logs ---> CrashReporter ---> "CaptureShop.crash.log"

I hope one of this could help.

Best regards,
Thierry

I have made a lot of unnecessary work for myself by upgrading my MAC operating system to Leopard, and am wondering if it is known (thought, believed) when a version of Capture Shop might be likely to become available that would play nicely with Leopard.

I am using a Sinarcam 2 to create the digital files that are used to make giclées for artists.  At several points in the process, I need to shut everything down, and restart first the power to the shutter, then camera and finally re-boot the Macbook Pro running Leopard and Capture shop 5.5.1

The most frequent problems are the EXPORTing of the TIF files.  Even saving them to the DESKTOP one at a time causes a failure that requires an ABORT, then a re-boot of the whole system which includes the camera as previously mentioned.

It took me the better part of the day yesterday to create 4 files. So, I am considering stepping back to the previous version of the Mac operating system, but I know that this change will affect other programs that are happily riding on Leopard, the one that required a big change when upgrading (did I say UPgrade?) was IMAGE PRINT.  If I knew, or believed that compatibility was nearly at hand I might be better off just hanging in there.

Have you heard anything that would set my mind at ease?

Jerry Reed
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165165\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Cfranson

SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:01:16 am »

from the feedback we have, CS 5.5.1 runs smoothly with Leopard, so I suspect another problem than compatibility.

Thierry,
Has Sinar done testing with various configurations on Leopard, including components such as Sinarcam2 and firewire backs such as the 54H, and will Sinar be providing a compatibility statement? This would be a useful piece of information to provide to customers.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
SINAR Capture Shop 5.5.1
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:35:20 am »

Dear Cfranson,

I "guess" we did! Of course, and with all configurations, like for any SW release.

But running tests in-house does not mean that it works smoothly on any custom Mac: there are so many parameters involved and custom installations that there can be sometimes some setups which don't run so smoothly.
But what I can say that I have many customers using excatly this configuration SB 54/Cam2 on p2/p3 or standalone, and it works smoothly for all.

And that is why I have asked for a "System Profile" of Jerry's Mac: only this can help to address an issue, together with a "Crash Log".

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
Has Sinar done testing with various configurations on Leopard, including components such as Sinarcam2 and firewire backs such as the 54H, and will Sinar be providing a compatibility statement? This would be a useful piece of information to provide to customers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=165193\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up