Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed of Flash Memeory card  (Read 1602 times)

Gpowell

Speed of Flash Memeory card
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:56:44 pm »

I have started doing some Wedding Photography and need to get a faster memory card.  I was wondering if the camera I currently have, Canon Rebel 6 mp can handle the faster speed of say a Sandisk Extreme IV.  I will be purchasing a 40D within several months but was curious if the older camera can handle the faster card or does it have a max speed it can write.

Thanks for the feedback

Gary

lbergman

Speed of Flash Memeory card
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:17:22 pm »

I have started doing some Wedding Photography and need to get a faster memory card.  I was wondering if the camera I currently have, Canon Rebel 6 mp can handle the faster speed of say a Sandisk Extreme IV.  I will be purchasing a 40D within several months but was curious if the older camera can handle the faster card or does it have a max speed it can write.

Thanks for the feedback

Gary
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164630\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's actually the other way around:  Can the card handle the speed of the camera?  Since the newer Extreme IV card is more than capable of handling the speed of data from the older Rebel, I don't think you're going to have any problem.  Even if the card was slower, the camera will only feed data to the card as fast as the card can take it.

I should also note that if the card(s) you currently have can already handle the fastest speed the camera is capable of, then putting in even higher speed cards won't gain you much if anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up