Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer for Album Prints - odd sizes  (Read 1684 times)

Fundy

Printer for Album Prints - odd sizes
« on: January 01, 2008, 06:16:06 pm »

Hello,

This is my first post here. At the moment I am using an Epson R2400.

I do wedding photography and have started printing and binding my own albums. I have run into two problem. 1) I am using a lot of those little ink cartridges. 2) I can't print larger cut sheets (rolls are a pain as they don't lay flat for cutting later.

I am leaning towards the Epson 3800 for better ink usage and I BELIEVE, please correct me if I am wrong, I can order pre-cut paper at Red River Paper for my odd sizes and the 3800 will print borderlessly.

9x24", 8x24", 12x24" are my most common odd sizes that I want to print borderlessly. These will be printed on Luster paper.

For the covers I will be printing on fine art rag so I will be using matte black also.

Is the Epson 3800 the way to go or is there another printer better suited.

Fundy

Fundy

Printer for Album Prints - odd sizes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:31:00 am »

Hello,

This is my first post here. At the moment I am using an Epson R2400.

I do wedding photography and have started printing and binding my own albums. I have run into two problem. 1) I am using a lot of those little ink cartridges. 2) I can't print larger cut sheets (rolls are a pain as they don't lay flat for cutting later.

I am leaning towards the Epson 3800 for better ink usage and I BELIEVE, please correct me if I am wrong, I can order pre-cut paper at Red River Paper for my odd sizes and the 3800 will print borderlessly.

9x24", 8x24", 12x24" are my most common odd sizes that I want to print borderlessly. These will be printed on Luster paper.

For the covers I will be printing on fine art rag so I will be using matte black also.

Is the Epson 3800 the way to go or is there another printer better suited.

Fundy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164461\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Anyone? Will the Epson 3800 print full bleed on these odd sizes? Or what is the smallest border it can create with these sizes?

Fundy
Pages: [1]   Go Up