Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eyelike Precision m22  (Read 2293 times)

tadeuzjalocha

• http://www.themonkeystudio.com
Eyelike Precision m22
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:19:15 pm »

Happy new year for all of you.

I'm looking into this digital back as an option. I know it's slow, i can imagine how much hassle it can take to shoot always thetered, specially on location. But i don't feel that it means much more hassle for my stile of work.
On location i always shoot with a heavy tripop, always take a big genny and lots of lights and equipment with me, i guess it would imply some more work for my assistants.  

I did my homework too and googled all over the world about this digiback, who seems better in regard to life-image and shuttercontrol to the similar Sinar 54h.
But there are still some unanswered doubts.
1: ISO i have found no solid information about iso range of this back.
2: Real experience using this back; i did'nt find anything.
3: I'm looking into use this back with hasselblad V system; do the Carl-Zeiss CF resolve enough to shoot sometimes 16x ??
4: strictly for product i'm looking to buy a Rodenstock apo-macro-sinaron digital in Rollei shutter or Schneider apo-macro-digitar in Rollei shutter, on my Sinar LF-Cameras. Any experience and recommendations?

I would very happy to hear about any kind of info and experience regarding this Digiback or similar options.
I'm open to offers to. I'll go shopping to New york second half of january.

Regards,

Tadeuz Jalocha
www.themonkeystudio.com

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Eyelike Precision m22
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 02:50:28 pm »

Happy new year for all of you.

I'm looking into this digital back as an option. I know it's slow, i can imagine how much hassle it can take to shoot always thetered, specially on location. But i don't feel that it means much more hassle for my stile of work.
On location i always shoot with a heavy tripop, always take a big genny and lots of lights and equipment with me, i guess it would imply some more work for my assistants.  

I did my homework too and googled all over the world about this digiback, who seems better in regard to life-image and shuttercontrol to the similar Sinar 54h.
But there are still some unanswered doubts.
1: ISO i have found no solid information about iso range of this back.
2: Real experience using this back; i did'nt find anything.
3: I'm looking into use this back with hasselblad V system; do the Carl-Zeiss CF resolve enough to shoot sometimes 16x ??
4: strictly for product i'm looking to buy a Rodenstock apo-macro-sinaron digital in Rollei shutter or Schneider apo-macro-digitar in Rollei shutter, on my Sinar LF-Cameras. Any experience and recommendations?

I would very happy to hear about any kind of info and experience regarding this Digiback or similar options.
I'm open to offers to. I'll go shopping to New york second half of january.

Regards,

Tadeuz Jalocha
www.themonkeystudio.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164404\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tadeuz:

Some answers -

The M22 ISO is officially 25, but it seems more like 18 in my experience. You'll need a lot of light.

It has proven to be an incredibly reliable and solid product for our customers. At 22MP, our testing showed it to be as good image quality-wise as any digital back on the market. While the Capture Pro software has it's substantial pluses (amazingly fast, easy batching functions, excellent color controls, web galleries, drag-n-drop contact sheets) and minuses (no metadata, un-intuitive interface, low-rez preview), the new software Exposure enhances most of these pluses and eliminates all the minuses. And it will be compatible with the M22.

Using a Hasselblad V Series with 16 shot mode will be a challenge in any environment. Due to the smaller pixel capture, it will need more aggressive sharpening than the 4 shot capture will.

The only advantage of the Rollei Shutter would be the 1/500th of a second shutter speed. The Schneider tops out at 1/60th. However, there is a custom Schenider Electronic Shutter cable that is proprietary to the Eyelike backs which eliminate the need for the cumbersome controller - saving cost and adding ease of use.

For the right application, it's a great tool.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up