Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to insert partial capture date?  (Read 2351 times)

LKCH

• http://www.christianehoej.dk
How to insert partial capture date?
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:24:44 am »

Using the holidays to clean up my library, I've come across some photos with no or wrong capture date. For most of them, I can remember the year or maybe the month of capture - but not the exact date.
However, using "Metadata / Edit capture time" LR will only allow me to enter an exact date.
Any suggestions to work around this?

Happy new year

Lars K. Christensen

seany

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 12:17:46 pm »

Using the holidays to clean up my library, I've come across some photos with no or wrong capture date. For most of them, I can remember the year or maybe the month of capture - but not the exact date.
However, using "Metadata / Edit capture time" LR will only allow me to enter an exact date.
Any suggestions to work around this?

Happy new year

Lars K. Christensen
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164371\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
May not answer your problem but if you know the month or year why not insert a date such as 1st of month if you know which month if not January 1st if you only know which year. At least it will help to rationalize things.

LKCH

• http://www.christianehoej.dk
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:33:25 am »

May not answer your problem but if you know the month or year why not insert a date such as 1st of month if you know which month if not January 1st if you only know which year. At least it will help to rationalize things.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thats of course a possibility. However, several years from now, I will not be able to know if the photos labeled 2003-05-01 was in fact from the first of may that year - or just from may. That goes for the first day of every month.
You might call it nitpicking, but being a historian I have this thing about accurate dates...    
Anyway, I might make a keyword called "Inaccurate date" and assign it to these photos, just to remind me.

Yours
Lars

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:51:36 pm »

I'm not sure what Lightroom will accept as 'valid' information, but you may be able to use '00' or '99' for unknown information...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up