Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C2P One complaint  (Read 5030 times)

woffles

C2P One complaint
« on: December 31, 2007, 02:07:06 pm »

Just bought this tutorial the other day and am enjoying watching it and learning a good bit.  I do have one serious complaint about it though.  I was a little upset to find out the section on printing with Lightroom was mainly an advertisement for another video series.  I really believe the printing information from that video should be included in this series since this was all about printing.  I may end up getting that one anyways later on to learn a little more about LR but for now I'm focusing on printing and was left hanging concerning LR.  Am I off base here?  

Still a good series though guys and worth the money.

Jeff

tgphoto

C2P One complaint
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 02:57:21 pm »

I wouldn't say you're off base, but perhaps you're looking at it from a different angle than I think the producer originally intended?

Look at it this way - the Lightroom video tutorial came first, meaning a lot of people likely bought it.    

To include the same info in Camera to Print as was included in the LR video would have been, for many customers, redundant, and from an editing standpoint, more work in creating the chapter markers etc.

Had the CTP video come first, with a sales pitch for a "video coming soon", I think it would have turned away some prospective buyers.

As for me?  I purchased CTP first, and LR second, and would say that both items were well worth the money.

woffles

C2P One complaint
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 03:31:04 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  It's not a major issue, just kind of caught me by surprise.  Like I said, I'll probably end up buying the other video also.  That's just another 5 hours of video to watch!!  I still have to go through and watch sections of these videos again to actually try and absorb more of the info.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
C2P One complaint
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 06:00:34 pm »

I was a little upset to find out the section on printing with Lightroom was mainly an advertisement for another video series.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164268\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We spent about 10 minutes talking about setting up and using Lightroom for printing including talking about setting margins, how to control output resolution, color management, presets as well as saving out driver settings and the benefits of the Lightroom workflow (minus the ability to do final output sharpening in Lightroom). As far as I can tell, the only time the Lightroom tutorial was mentioned was from 10:05-10:09. Four seconds...

So, I wouldn't call THAT "mainly an advertisement for another video series".

If we didn't cover important material regarding Lightroom printing, what topics should we have covered? As far as I can tell, we hit the highlights needed to do fine art printing from Lightroom. Yes, we spent more time talking about printing from Photoshop...but that's primarily because printing out of Photoshop is harder than out of Lightroom.

woffles

C2P One complaint
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:47:04 pm »

We spent about 10 minutes talking about setting up and using Lightroom for printing including talking about setting margins, how to control output resolution, color management, presets as well as saving out driver settings and the benefits of the Lightroom workflow (minus the ability to do final output sharpening in Lightroom). As far as I can tell, the only time the Lightroom tutorial was mentioned was from 10:05-10:09. Four seconds...

So, I wouldn't call THAT "mainly an advertisement for another video series".

If we didn't cover important material regarding Lightroom printing, what topics should we have covered? As far as I can tell, we hit the highlights needed to do fine art printing from Lightroom. Yes, we spent more time talking about printing from Photoshop...but that's primarily because printing out of Photoshop is harder than out of Lightroom.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164300\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Honestly, I don't disagree with you after going through and using what you said on the video.  I think it was more just how it was first said that put me off.  Mike mentioned that there's these different windows in the print module be we won't go into them since they are covered in another tutorial.  I think it was just kind of an unfortunate way to word it, more negative to start out, left me wondering what I was missing out on.  I hadn't done any printing from Lightroom before but after watching the video I think I like it so I'll humbly withdraw my complaint.    Now, where is that piece of pie?
Pages: [1]   Go Up