Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P30 Shooting Tethered to C-1 Pro HELP!!  (Read 4460 times)

Snook

P30 Shooting Tethered to C-1 Pro HELP!!
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:37:55 am »

Hey guys just got my P30 last week and did not have much time to shoot tethered but am now trying it out.
Problem.
I keep getting my Pictures all green when they come in.
I can fix it but I cannot set the white balance so the next shot's come in with the correct white balance!!
Also in the camera the pictures are taking  on the green effect. (when tethered).
Anybody know of any good Helpful websites besides Phase Ones which has no info at all really..:+}
When shooting Tethered with my canons I never had this problem. and when I did any tweaks the following pictures came in with the tweaks already..?
Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Also how can I set the white balance in the camera when tethered. It says custom white balance 1,2,3 How do I set those through C-1?
Thanks alot
Snook...:+}

PS. It always changes to "color tone neutral" when the picture comes in..?

william

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:26:07 am »

I had this same problem when I used to shoot tethered in C1 Pro with my P30 and P30+.  The files would be green on the back's screen and green when they came into the computer, and I therefore had to change the WB for each shot. Since I sold the back, I didn't put in the time to figure out exactly what the problem was.  Instead, I would just tether using the C1 DB ("digital back") software instead of C1 Pro, and never got the green imports problem when using DB.

Hey guys just got my P30 last week and did not have much time to shoot tethered but am now trying it out.
Problem.
I can fix it but I cannot set the white balance so the next shot's come in with the correct white balance!!
Also in the camera the pictures are taking  on the green effect. (when tethered).
Anybody know of any good Helpful websites besides Phase Ones which has no info at all really..:+}
When shooting Tethered with my canons I never had this problem. and when I did any tweaks the following pictures came in with the tweaks already..?
Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Also how can I set the white balance in the camera when tethered. It says custom white balance 1,2,3 How do I set those through C-1?
Thanks alot

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164026\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

mikemigs

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 11:31:29 am »

Problem.

Snook:

After you white balance one capture, did you click on the "Set as Capture White Balance" button in the capture window? Once you click it, all subsequent capture will be white balanced to your original.

Snook

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:40:29 am »

Snook:

After you white balance one capture, did you click on the "Set as Capture White Balance" button in the capture window? Once you click it, all subsequent capture will be white balanced to your original.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164043\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mike I cannot find that setting... at least when I am shooting with the P30.
Again I am using C-1 Pro 3.7.7 not DB.. I have DB.
In settings Panel I have use default, use last from last capture,use style of last capture!!
I get green pictures on the Back also unless I do a custom white balance but then the pictures still come in to the computer green. If I shoot to card no problem at all.
I can also correct the green filter look buy doing a auto or clicking on something neutral , But the next ones keep coming in Green....
Anybody else?
Thanks
Snook

DesW

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 11:49:48 am »

Problem.
Also in the camera the pictures are taking  on the green effect. (when tethered).
Thanks alot

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164026\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yoh,

OK

You set the WB for the DB capture in the Comp as per your shooting  procedure.

Set your Back on Auto/flash daylight --does not matter at this point.

Set up Tethered back and  do all the Capture/Proc/ Folders /etc--

Shoot one of the little Gray cards that came with your back in your shot setting--

Open it in the Program.

Go to the COLOR picker tool in the COLOR pane select image and click and adjust to 127/127/127--or 128/etc

Go to the CAMERA icon top left of the window and click on that-it will assign that setting for WB capture

Go back to your Tethered Window in settings-tick Inherit from Current Image.

All your Pics should be OK now.

When you shoot another job and you want to keep these settings just use Inherit from LAST capture.

Good luck,

Des

PS keep this quiet(?)--don't go near the C1 Sharpening -it's%##***- well we won't go there!

Snook

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:57:51 am »

Yoh,

OK

You set the WB for the DB capture in the Comp as per your shooting  procedure.

Set your Back on Auto/flash daylight --does not matter at this point.

Set up Tethered back and  do all the Capture/Proc/ Folders /etc--

Shoot one of the little Gray cards that came with your back in your shot setting--

Open it in the Program.

Go to the COLOR picker tool in the COLOR pane select image and click and adjust to 127/127/127--or 128/etc

Go to the CAMERA icon top left of the window and click on that-it will assign that setting for WB capture

Go back to your Tethered Window in settings-tick Inherit from Current Image.

All your Pics should be OK now.

When you shoot another job and you want to keep these settings just use Inherit from LAST capture.

Good luck,

Des

PS keep this quiet(?)--don't go near the C1 Sharpening -it's%##***- well we won't go there!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164048\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
OK that sounds great. I'll try it. Think I did but we'll see.
I am getting ready for a bunch of Jobs coming up, so working out the bugs (Mine) first..:+}
Also I have a RZII but the batteries are hard to find for it where I live..:+{
Found some but they were probably on the shelf for the last 8 years b/c one lasted about 50 shot's and the other did not even get the camera to fire..:+}
Order a bunch from the internet and will have to wait until they get here.

Another Question ,
When I set that does that set it to the camera also?
Thanks for your help.
Snook

DesW

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:13:01 pm »

OK that sounds great. I'll try it. Think I did but we'll see.
I am getting ready for a bunch of Jobs coming up, so working out the bugs (Mine) first..:+}
Also I have a RZII but the batteries are hard to find for it where I live..:+{
Found some but they were probably on the shelf for the last 8 years b/c one lasted about 50 shot's and the other did not even get the camera to fire..:+}
Order a bunch from the internet and will have to wait until they get here.

Another Question ,
When I set that does that set it to the camera also?
Thanks for your help.
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164050\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yoh Again,

No the Tethered WB is set in the Comp as per the above.

To set in the Back--apart from the default settings--you must assign in some way--ie

I use the Expodisc  shoot the Light source I'm using and in the SET CUSTOM WB in the back screen I assign the Expo shot as CUSTOM WB 1/2 or 3 in the rear screen.

Or you can use the little Grey card shot --remember to look at the histogram in the Back and make sure you get it as close to a centre peak for the grey point--(127/etc approx)

Then assign as above in your back CUSTOM WB setting on the rear screen.

Practise my dear Snooky boyo!

Des

lance_schad

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 06:36:39 pm »

Yoh Again,

No the Tethered WB is set in the Comp as per the above.

To set in the Back--apart from the default settings--you must assign in some way--ie

I use the Expodisc  shoot the Light source I'm using and in the SET CUSTOM WB in the back screen I assign the Expo shot as CUSTOM WB 1/2 or 3 in the rear screen.

Or you can use the little Grey card shot --remember to look at the histogram in the Back and make sure you get it as close to a centre peak for the grey point--(127/etc approx)

Then assign as above in your back CUSTOM WB setting on the rear screen.

Practise my dear Snooky boyo!

Des
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164052\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here is a screen shot of the button to push to set current gray balance for subsequent captures.
Have a happy new years.
Lance[attachment=4494:attachment][attachment=4494:attachment]
LANCE SCHAD - DIGITAL TRANSITIONS

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 10:55:36 am »

Mike,

Capture One also has a pretty good Help menu.  In Capture One look to the far right drop down.
Under the Help menu, look for Capture One Help and then White Balance Images.  It will give you a step by step (with screen grabs) process on how to white balance.

Happy New Year!

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com

Snook

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 02:18:24 pm »

Mike,

Capture One also has a pretty good Help menu.  In Capture One look to the far right drop down.
Under the Help menu, look for Capture One Help and then White Balance Images.  It will give you a step by step (with screen grabs) process on how to white balance.

Happy New Year!

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration
www.captureintegration.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164216\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Sorry Guys I must have jones out...:+]
I got working perfect now.. Thanks.
For some reason when I would tweak my 1DsMII files in C-1 they would automatically come in like the new preview with out pressing the Camera icon to the far left..:+}
Once again thanks...
Now I just have to solve the RZProIID battery eating Phenomena...
Happy New Years to all
Snook

PS.... Does anybody now the easiest way to set up when the pictures come into C-1 to have it also go to an external folder somewhere to have 2 back-ups continuously?
Like a reverse Hot folder?
Thank you

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 05:17:47 pm »

The Rz batteries maybe dying because you left the adapter plate on the camera whilst not in use.

I use ChronoSync to back up my shot folder but you have to be careful how you do this as plugging in an external Fw800 drive will rob the laptop bus and even desktop bus of power and cause connections problems. If on a desktop a separate pci controller card or another internal drive is a better way to go. On my macbook pro I have two internal drive via the MCE optibay.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:34:03 pm by Rick_Allen »
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne
Pages: [1]   Go Up