Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: channels masks  (Read 2786 times)

stamper

channels masks
« on: December 30, 2007, 06:07:31 am »

The channels & masks book by Stephen Romaniello is for photoshop CS3 Has anyone purchased the book? I have CS2 Would it be applicable In other words backwards compatible? How does it compare with other books on the subject I have a reasonably good understanding of the subject but want a more advanced book TIA

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
channels masks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »

I don't know that book, but I can highly recommend Katrin Eismann's Masking and Compositing and Scott Kelby's Channels books. Both great, practical resources. Eismann's book in particular is VERY comprehensive and clear.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

stamper

channels masks
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 06:01:22 am »

I don't know that book, but I can highly recommend Katrin Eismann's Masking and Compositing and Scott Kelby's Channels books. Both great, practical resources. Eismann's book in particular is VERY comprehensive and clear.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the reply I have Eismann's book but I don't have Kelby's I have a couple of books by him and I don't like his humour so if I bought it it I would want to be sure it has a different slant I like to read a subject from different author's points of view  

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
channels masks
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 08:42:48 am »

Thanks for the reply I have Eismann's book but I don't have Kelby's I have a couple of books by him and I don't like his humour so if I bought it it I would want to be sure it has a different slant I like to read a subject from different author's points of view 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164178\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I can't advise on that because I look straight through the humour for the substance, and in this case it is full of useful material on using channels for a wide range of purposes.

The View

channels masks
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Katrin Eismann's book, it is still for CS2, isn't it? I am thinking of buying it, but I have CS3.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
channels masks
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:07:31 pm »

Katrin Eismann's book, it is still for CS2, isn't it? I am thinking of buying it, but I have CS3.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=164486\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doesn't matter - those techniques are usable with either version of Photoshop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up