Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Gallery Newbie  (Read 2086 times)

kevs

Web Gallery Newbie
« on: December 28, 2007, 02:00:09 pm »

Enjoying the lightroom galleries, just few questions.

I read that you can drag image in filmstrip and move stuff around. My images will not drag, they stay put. what am am doing wrong?

I read that F6 & F7 will hide panels. These keystroke are not working for me.

Can one get rid of dissolves?

Can one get the copyright symbol to appear before ones name?

Does LIghtroom really optimize your images for the web? does it srgb and sharpen and add saturation? thanks.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Web Gallery Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 04:24:03 pm »

Make a collection for the images you want to use and drag them in the Library view of that collection to re-order the images.

Tab hides the side panels. Shift-tab hides them all.

I don't know about dissolves.

You can type the copyright symbol into one of the fields that has your name in it and that's what LR uses. You'll have to experiment to figure out which field. I don't know.

Yes, LR uses sRGB but I don't know about sharpening. You don't need additional saturation if you're doing things correctly.

kevs

Web Gallery Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 01:11:27 am »

Thanks Tom
I have a collection made. NOthing will drag in filmstrip. I try to drag, everything is rigidy immovable.
(each image has a gray circle symbol in upper right of the filmstrip thumbnail -- maybe that has something to do with it, I have no idea what those are)

Tab does not get rid of just the left panel or filmstrip panel only. anyone know the keystrokes?

add copyright watermark is checked. So it's pulling my name from metadata. I still don't see a way to put copyright symbol before my name. it's a shame lightroom doesn't just include the symbol. isn't that the whole point, to have the symbol?
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Web Gallery Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:19:10 am »

I think that grey circle indicates the "Quick Collection". I'd make a regular collection myself. The Quick collection is just that -- a quick way to collect files. Then drag and drop in the grid rather than the filmstrip.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the other two issues but I think you can press Command (or Control) + / to get quick keyboard help in a module.
Pages: [1]   Go Up