Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to "Load the Measured Chart" on Eye-one  (Read 9951 times)

holthaus

Trying to "Load the Measured Chart" on Eye-one
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:54:42 pm »

using Eye-One Match 3.6.1

Did the Easy RGB one...no problem...time to move on to big things
Printed the 2 page 800 WIR Target for kicks and practice

I measured a 800 WIR Target by Bill Atkinson use the Measure Tool.
Finally got through all that....after some trial and error.

So, then I got into the directory and changed out the "i1 Easy RGB 1.2.txt"
to the txt file for the 800 WIR Target

got into the Printer part of Eye-one Match
select "Load the Measured chart"
change the Printer to "Other RGB"
selected the "Easy RGB Target"

hit the right arrow ...nothing...it will not go on from there.

Anyone got a good clue?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:27:46 am »

Just use the supplied targets and don't hit your head against the wall. There was a kludge trick where you could fool the software into using a different target but it messed up the UI and make things messy, GMB may have updated the software to disallow this. Use the 918 target supplied, be done. It will build a good profile.

Or you need to consider ProfileMaker Pro and MeasureTool to do this with far more control over the targets.

Might try downloading that in demo, measuring in MeasureTool and seeing if you can then feed the data file to Match. But I don't know its worth all the effort.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

holthaus

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 10:38:25 am »

Thanks for the info...I was hitting the head on the desk since I was doing the scanning on the floor where I have some clear space.
I only have the Easy RGB so I updated a few minutes ago and I am waiting on the code.  Figure with 50% off it was the best bet.  

I do wonder if they got the Match to not let you bypass and do that trick

Might mess with it at another time.

Thanks for the reply

P Macino

• http://www.macinophotography.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:30:23 pm »

I was hitting my head last night too and posting here to figure this out. I finally got it to work with no issues and built a profile this morning. I should say I got it to work with the larger files in ProfileMaker 5 (MeasureTool), then doing the reference file renaming to work with Eye-One Match to build the actual profile. I could not get Bill Atkinson's charts to read, I kept getting too many errors...

I would like to not have to jump through so many hoops though.

Holthaus, did you upgrade to say the SG package for the 918 patch targets, or did you purchase ProfileMaker 5? Your comment about 50% off has me scratching my head and I'd like to take advantage of a sale.

Thanks!

Phil

holthaus

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 02:40:25 pm »

I just got the i1 Photo LT and it had a coupon for 50% off to upgrade to the full RGB profiling instead of the Easy.  I am still waiting on the code.
But, I found it at colorhq.com for $299
"Module - Eye One RGB Output Module (Software Access Code) ."
Using the coupon, I had to pay the full price and got 50% off of that.

So, I will be using the 918 patch target when I get the code.

The thing I figured out with the Bill Atkinson's charts....you have to make sure the
patches are big enough...if you print the ones that are not sized right for the paper, the i1 will not read them with the measure tool.  

My next step is to get the code for the 918 patch target....get the printer up and going with that.

Then try the Bill Atkinson's charts and see if I can get the thing to be tricked into using them.  I am hoping that with the code that it will uplock the loading the measurements part.  Just gives me something to play around with.

P Macino

• http://www.macinophotography.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 02:53:23 pm »

Okay,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have the i1 Photo SG, so I'm already doing the 9.18 RGB patch. I was hoping to hear that the 50% off was on ProfileMaker 5. I have a $400 voucher/coupon for ProfileMaker 5 that was included with the SG bundle.

You're right on the test chart sizes. I'm printing them (Bill's 1728 Chart) at native size (on a 4880). For some reason iI could not get them to read in MeasureTool (Too many errors). I'll tinker with it some more today...

holthaus

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 02:38:25 pm »

ok, it figured out....you have to have the RGB Module to be able
to load a measurement from another source.

The LT version with the EASY RGB does not cut it

seangirard

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 04:54:30 pm »

Did you have to order over the phone to use the x-rite coupon for the RGB module? I have the same thing and have been meaning to use it on the upgrade.

Thanks,
-sean

ok, it figured out....you have to have the RGB Module to be able
to load a measurement from another source.

The LT version with the EASY RGB does not cut it
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

holthaus

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 05:00:26 pm »

I ordered with ColorHQ.com but over the phone.
Had to fax them the form....but watch that serial number....gave me some grief.

XRite messed up the serial number to get the key so I had to get on the phone
to get that all fixed up.   They gave me the key to to a different unit.
Might be faster then waiting on ColorHQ and XRite to get things in order.

The whole process should take about 20 minutes instead of several days

You might be able to call XRite and order it direct as well.
They give you a key then you run iDiagnostics to unlock (which comes on the
cd which cam with the Photo LT)

seangirard

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 05:06:24 pm »

Thanks for that info. I was sort of anticipating a headache, which I guess is why I've been putting it off:)

I ordered with ColorHQ.com but over the phone.
Had to fax them the form....but watch that serial number....gave me some grief.

XRite messed up the serial number to get the key so I had to get on the phone
to get that all fixed up.   They gave me the key to to a different unit.
Might be faster then waiting on ColorHQ and XRite to get things in order.

The whole process should take about 20 minutes instead of several days

You might be able to call XRite and order it direct as well.
They give you a key then you run iDiagnostics to unlock (which comes on the
cd which cam with the Photo LT)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=167644\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Doug Fisher

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 01:29:39 am »

Just to add another data point, upgrading to the full RGB module (my "Design" package only allowed the 45 patch RGB and CMYK targets) finally gave me the option to load in the larger external data file created by MeasureTool from ProfileMaker.  When I ordered the upgrade online (X-rite didn't want to do it over the phone), I asked in the comments box on the ordering page if I could use my coupon.  It took a few days extra and I had to email an image of my filled-out coupon but I got the upgrade for $99.50 plus tax versus $199 plus tax.  Bottom line, if you still have the coupon, try using it.

I too am also experiencing the problem where my i1 Pro does not like Bill Atkinson's 1728 targets and gives me the "too many errors" (I think that is the wording) message when I try to scan a full row at a time.  I wrote Bill and asked if he had heard of other i1 Pro users who were experiencing this problem.  He wrote back that he wonders if something has been changed in the coding for the more recent versions of MeasureTool.  The additional thought that others have brought was whether the problem only happened with certain revisions of the i1 Pro.  Bill wrote it would probably take a rewrite of the targets which, understandably, is not a priority for him since he now measures using another device.  

I will have to try holthaus' suggestion to print the targets a bit larger and see if that helps.  Thanks to holthaus and everyone else who has contributed to this thread!

Doug
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:34:34 am by Doug Fisher »

adamlogan

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 07:43:44 pm »

Just so that you are aware, Argyll Color Management System can from what I understand completely bypass having to deal with i1Match or Profile Maker for measuring and creating the profiles. You could avoid having to shell out extra money for the modules too. The catch is that Argyll is completely CLI, so no user friendly GUI. On the positive side Argyll will not cost you anything except for the time/efforts to learn how to use it.

You can even make or perhaps modify Bill Atkinson's test targets (so that the patches are bigger) using this excellent collection of software. If you are on a mac it's relatively easy to install via the Terminal using Mac Ports. I have it installed but don't have enough time to figure out the semantics of various commands. I'm in my last quarter at school. I'm going to give it a try when I get the chance, I'll probably buy my own spectrophotometer soon anyways.

From what I have gathered from reading about the capabilities of Argyll is that it can do some seriously impressive things that leave traditional color managed work-flows in the dust. I'm no expert by any means, but I just wanted to make sure you or others who might read this thread know of this alternative option.

Neuffy

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 03:04:06 pm »

I initially had problems reading the Bill Atkinson 1728 patch chart. Any charts at all, for that matter.

Turns out, it was due to two problems:
1. The light on the i1 Pro does not immediately light up. If I wait 1/3 of a second or so, the light is on and stabilized.
2. I was reading them at the wrong speed. If I move along at the right speed (seemingly with a slight slowdown toward the end of the row), I get around a 95% success rate reading them.

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 04:18:52 am »

Quote from: Neuffy
Turns out, it was due to two problems:
1. The light on the i1 Pro does not immediately light up. If I wait 1/3 of a second or so, the light is on and stabilized.
2. I was reading them at the wrong speed. If I move along at the right speed (seemingly with a slight slowdown toward the end of the row), I get around a 95% success rate reading them.
Same experience here. All you need is to observe the lamp, and some practice.

Quote from: adamlogan
The catch is that Argyll is completely CLI, so no user friendly GUI.
http://www.digifab.com/ArgyllCMSGUI/ArgyllCMSGUI108.zip
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:21:11 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa
Pages: [1]   Go Up