Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tidepools in/near Redwood NP etc.  (Read 2258 times)

joedecker

• http://www.rockslidephoto.com
Tidepools in/near Redwood NP etc.
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:19:23 am »

I'm developing a photo workshop for the Redwood NP area, and I've chosen workshop dates that include some fairly deep low tides, so I'm looking for including some tidepool work in the itinerary, but haven't had the opportunity to be in the area with really low tides--about -1.8ft. below MSL.  I've seen a reference or two to tidepools at Enderts Beach, just south of Crescent City, but would love to hear real-world experiences there and/or other tidepool areas anywhere in the range from Arcata, CA to maybe a bit over the OR border.

(I'll also be checking with the the various visitor centers, but am in particular looking for recommendations from photographers.)

Thanks in advance

--Joe
Joe Decker
Rock Slide Photography [url=h

elkhornsun

Tidepools in/near Redwood NP etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:11:22 pm »

Joe,

I would be sure to get a recent observation as many of the tide pools in CA have been picked clean of much of their marine life, especially limpits and urchins.

I also hope you are doing this toward the end of the workshop as the rocks tend to be extremely slippery with marine plant growth and quite possible one of your participants may take a fall and do some damage to themselves and or their camera.

cheers,

Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up