Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H1/phase focusing issues  (Read 1661 times)

ballyscanlon

H1/phase focusing issues
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:50:41 pm »

hello.

i have a H2 body with P30+ phase back. recently i bought a secondhand H1 and i noticed that the manual focus was off. after playing with the focusing screen height with no success i sent it into hasselblad to get it adjusted. when it came back i tested it again and found (again) a disparity between auto focus and manual focus. the camera is accurate when auto focused, but when i manually focus and shoot (i am using a tripod and mirror lock up) the focus is off. i sent it back to hasselblad again and it has come back and i have tested it. now i am getting inconsistent results...........im going a little crazy now.

i have tested the H2 during this time and it was focusing fine in manual, as well as auto.

has anyone had this problem? i am wondering if my testing methods are adding to my inconsistent results.

john
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 05:51:00 pm by ballyscanlon »

clayh

H1/phase focusing issues
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 01:00:48 pm »

This may be obvious, but did you adjust the diopter on the prism viewfinder? When I first got mine, I could not understand why the images seemed slightly soft when I looked through the viewfinder. About five minutes later, I had the slap-myself-on-the-forehead aha! moment.

hello.

i have a H2 body with P30+ phase back. recently i bought a secondhand H1 and i noticed that the manual focus was off. after playing with the focusing screen height with no success i sent it into hasselblad to get it adjusted. when it came back i tested it again and found (again) a disparity between auto focus and manual focus. the camera is accurate when auto focused, but when i manually focus and shoot (i am using a tripod and mirror lock up) the focus is off. i sent it back to hasselblad again and it has come back and i have tested it. now i am getting inconsistent results...........im going a little crazy now.

i have tested the H2 during this time and it was focusing fine in manual, as well as auto.

has anyone had this problem? i am wondering if my testing methods are adding to my inconsistent results.

john
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162944\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ballyscanlon

H1/phase focusing issues
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 04:11:09 pm »

yes, i have adjusted the diopter.  the problem is the focus on the captured images.

john
Pages: [1]   Go Up