Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford Gold Fibre Silk and 7600 printer  (Read 1869 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Ilford Gold Fibre Silk and 7600 printer
« on: December 24, 2007, 01:10:09 pm »

Based on the favorable review here I ordered 13"x19" sheets, and 24"x40' roll of Gallerie Fibre Silk Gold. I use both 3800 and 7600 printers. I down loaded the profiles for the 3800 printer. On Ilford's site they list two profiles for the 7600 printer. One is for sheet paper, and the second is for roll paper. I always use nothing but roll paper with the 7600. But the roll paper profile download is for "Onyx, ultrachrome photo K" . When I down loaded this, it appears to be for a RIP, which I do not use. My question is, can I use the 7600 SHEET paper profile with roll paper?
Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas!!
Dave  
Beach Haven, NJ

Marty C

• http://www.shorephoto.com
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 04:41:38 pm »

Based on the favorable review here I ordered 13"x19" sheets, and 24"x40' roll of Gallerie Fibre Silk Gold. I use both 3800 and 7600 printers. I down loaded the profiles for the 3800 printer. On Ilford's site they list two profiles for the 7600 printer. One is for sheet paper, and the second is for roll paper. I always use nothing but roll paper with the 7600. But the roll paper profile download is for "Onyx, ultrachrome photo K" . When I down loaded this, it appears to be for a RIP, which I do not use. My question is, can I use the 7600 SHEET paper profile with roll paper?
Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas!!
Dave 
Beach Haven, NJ
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162895\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would not be afraid to use it, as long as the sheet thickness is the same. Roll stock can be a little thinner compared to sheet. I doubt if you will see a big difference.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 12:44:28 pm »

I would not be afraid to use it, as long as the sheet thickness is the same. Roll stock can be a little thinner compared to sheet. I doubt if you will see a big difference.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162934\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Marty, I'll give it a try.
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up