Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR not reading new drive?  (Read 1791 times)

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
LR not reading new drive?
« on: December 23, 2007, 09:19:06 pm »

Hi
I have been copying data from my Lacie 1TB ( due to problems ) to a new 500 gb drive. The data has been transfered but when I open up LR it doesn't read this drive? I have transfered data to my main HR & LR reads it. Any ideas?
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

francois

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 06:43:30 am »

Hi
I have been copying data from my Lacie 1TB ( due to problems ) to a new 500 gb drive. The data has been transfered but when I open up LR it doesn't read this drive? I have transfered data to my main HR & LR reads it. Any ideas?
Thanks Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162798\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Denis,
Can you give us a bit more info… How did you copy data to your new drive? Does Lightroom, on launch, displays the  dialog where you can choose your library and do integrity checks?

Did you try to copy your library using "export as catalog…" and then reimport/read it in Lightroom from your new drive.
Francois

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 08:59:13 pm »

Denis,
Can you give us a bit more info… How did you copy data to your new drive? Does Lightroom, on launch, displays the  dialog where you can choose your library and do integrity checks?

Did you try to copy your library using "export as catalog…" and then reimport/read it in Lightroom from your new drive.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162842\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
I just dragged & dropped the files from the faulty Lacie 1TB to the new 500GB drive. I did this with the main drive also & LR sees those files.
Thanks Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

francois

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 06:33:09 am »

Hi
I just dragged & dropped the files from the faulty Lacie 1TB to the new 500GB drive. I did this with the main drive also & LR sees those files.
Thanks Denis
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=163116\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
First you need to point Lightroom to the newly copied library. When Lightroom is launched, the initial dialog is displayed (it's an option, it can be activated in the preferences or by pressing the Option [Mac] key on launch).
I guess that, once your new library is selected, it will still read photo files from your old & defective drive. You can put the files on your old drive in a folder with another name. This way, Lightroom won't find them and you'll need to "help" Lightroom to locate your files (they'll be listed in red in LR). Be sure to point Lightroom to the files stored on your new drive.

Does it help?
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up