Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leopard 1.5.1  (Read 7522 times)

skibum187

Leopard 1.5.1
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:14:00 pm »

To those of you who have upgraded to Leopard 1.5.1, are things getting better?
Just trying to figure out when to upgrade...

Robert Spoecker

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:15:13 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A few moths ago I installed Leopard 1.5.0 on my new MacBook Pro and had issues with the pop server on my email account. Photoshop CS3 and Bridge seemed fine but because of the internet problem I went back to OSX 10.4.1.

A few weeks ago in reinstalled 10.5.0 and immediately upgraded to Leopard Leopard 10.5.1 and it has been rock solid for me. I like it very much, but take a tip from me, be ready to jump back to the older operating system if you need to.

Robert

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:37:38 pm »

A few moths ago I installed Leopard 1.5.0 on my new MacBook Pro and had issues with the pop server on my email account. Photoshop CS3 and Bridge seemed fine but because of the internet problem I went back to OSX 10.4.1.

A few weeks ago in reinstalled 10.5.0 and immediately upgraded to Leopard Leopard 10.5.1 and it has been rock solid for me. I like it very much, but take a tip from me, be ready to jump back to the older operating system if you need to.

Robert
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161772\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I installed Leopard on a clean spare disk, updated to 1.5.1 &c, and I still cannot get Mail to "remember" my passwords (they are in the keyring all right); it keeps asking for them each time it connects to the server (IMAP in my case).  None of the tips from other Mac sites have helped so far.

Otherwise most things work, including Lightroom 1.3.1, Photoshop CS2, and the Epson 3800 with the new driver.  Only, the problems with Mail are enough for me to shelf that Leopard disk and run Tiger while waiting for a fix.  I had already decided to stay with Tiger for some months, so that installation was an experiment I ran after getting a Leopard install DVD.  I happen to have a few spare disks around....
Per Ofverbeck
My

Sunesha

• http://sunesha.se
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:41:58 pm »

Any third-party problems with leopard yet?

I am waiting to upgrade to 10.5 also. Usually I dont upgrade until 8-9 months after realease to be sure that all my stuff will work.

For example:
Noise-ninja, Nik software and other photoshop plugins.

10.4 works great.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:43:28 pm by Sunesha »
Daniel Sunebring, Malmoe, Sweden
Homepag

francois

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:09:25 pm »

FWIW, I upgraded my 3 Macs (1 PPC and 2 Intel) to 10.5 and then to 10.5.1 and had no real problem so far. I didn't bother to do archive & install or clean install.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:10:00 pm by francois »
Francois

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:10:18 pm »

I'm running Leopard on a MacPro, MacBook Pro and an iMac. Photoshop CS3, LR 1.3.1, Quickbooks 2007, Msft Office 2004 all work fine. The Imageonmic (I know that's only close) Noise Reducer works fine. I did a trial of NIK and it was fine. I'm using the European 3800 driver.

All my firewire drives are fine, external monitor on the MacBook Pro is fine.

I tried the new Mail just to see what it was like and it worked fine (using IMAP and POP) with my server.

I'm happy with it.

Apple has seeded 10.5.2 to developers this week so that will be out shortly.

You guys who are waiting just haven't had enough of the kool-aide yet.  

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 06:30:30 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161760\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure what you mean by "getting better" - I never found them bad!

Seriously tho', I have installed Leo on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro as well as a pre-Intel G4. Works fine with all of them. No probs with CS3 or plug-ins.

Time Machine alone is worth the cost of installation.

Good luck,
Bill

skibum187

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:57:41 pm »

I guess my three biggest concerns are my RAID array (haven't heard of any problems), my Noise Ninja plug in, and Final Cut Pro 4.5 (I know it has some problems all around).

Anybody running any of these thing and know they work?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 04:31:31 pm »

I guess my three biggest concerns are my RAID array (haven't heard of any problems), my Noise Ninja plug in, and Final Cut Pro 4.5 (I know it has some problems all around).

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I installed leopard on my MacBook Pro when it was released, and a couple of weeks ago loaded it up on my MacPro tower.  No bad experiences ... a delight to use.

I have 2 1TB drives in a Raid 0 in the tower (soft raid built with Disk Utility).  I did a clean install and let the migration assistant move everything over from the backup I created.   No problems, running very well.  I also believe I've used Noise Ninja since, but since I don't use it on every image, I'm having a hard time remembering if the last use was after loading 10.5.1.

I don't use FCP ... can't help you there.  I would think Apple would have a fix for their own software by now.

All in all Leopard is great.  Rumor sites are abound with talk of 10.5.2 release with significant fixes in the works, guessing before Macworld in a few weeks.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

• http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:06:18 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162049\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Noise Ninja works fine. I have four 500 gig drives in a mirrored raid array, plus an external drive running Time Machine. All work perfectly.

My only problem has been the drivers for a NiKon Coolscan 9000 ED. Can't get it to work, tho' Nikon say 4.0.2 should work with Intel Macs. I haven't finished trying yet!

I don't know about FCP tho' I have heard it is fine.

Bill

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 07:08:04 am »

I upgraded my MacBookPro 15", MacPro 8-core and my daughter's MacBook to Leopard the night it was released. The Archive and Install upgrades went well, but I started have finder problems randomly with my MacBookPro and MacPro. My daughter's MacBook was fine, but then she is not as discriminating as me.

Ultimately, I ended up doing a clean install on the MacBookPro and MacPro. I reinstalled my apps including Parallels/Windows XP Pro that  I need for my financial planning practice to run Windows only apps. All is working well now, particularly after doing the Apple OS 10.5.1 upgrade (recommended by my Apple guy to download the upgrade from Apple's web site and install instead of letting the automatic upgrade feature install).

I use PS CS3 and LR 1.3.1 on both machines. The heavy lifting for photo, video and printing to my Epson R2400 is done all on my MacPro. I use PK Sharpener and Nik Photo Efex Pro. I had to upgrade the Nik software to 3.0 because the version 2.0 installer would not load in Leopard. No problem with the latest download of PKS. I use ImagePrint RIP v7.0 to print to my Epson R2400 and I had no problems with that.

I have 4 drives in my MacPro: 1TB (system and Mac Home folders), 2x750GB in soft-RAID 0 for 1.5TB (all of my images and video), and 750GB w/ 2 partitions, one for a 100GB scratch disk and the other for SuperDuper backup of my system drive. I use a Lacie Bigger Disk Extreme 1.2TB connected via FW800 to backup my photos, videos and for Time Machine backups of my system drive.

It all works very well at the moment. The 8-core is much peppier with the new OS. I'm hoping that PS and LR will release 64 bit versions soon and then it should really rip.

The only remaining problem I have is that the Eizo software to calibrate my ColorEdge CE240W monitor does not work in Leopard. I saved my monitor profile created in Tiger and manually installed it after the clean OS install. Eizo says that they should have Leopard compatible calibration software available in January. Fortunately, the Eizo does not have to be calibrated very often.

A really cool feature of Leopard that I'm finding useful is the Screen Sharing availble through my local network and remotely via my .Mac account. I run apps and access files on my remote Macs in either direction. Very cool!

Merry Christmas!

Bud James
North Wales, PA
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:10:27 am by budjames »
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 07:00:43 pm »

[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Final Cut Pro 4.5 isn't supported on Leopard:

[a href=\"http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307092]http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307092[/url]

You need to upgrade to Final Cut 5 or 6.  For Intel machines you'd want to anyway, given the speed increase.

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 07:12:49 pm »

I initially had problems when I upgraded from Tiger to Leopard.  My iMatch software would not run so I couldn't use my i1 Pro for monitor and printer profiling.  

After I did a clean install of Leopard and upgraded to 10.5.1 and installed my apps... all is good!  

The most used feature for me is Spaces.... I'm at least twice as productive having the applications I want open in their own dedicated space... which load up automatically when I start up.

Kelly

Stephen Starkman

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 08:17:56 pm »

The latest Canon DPP doesn't run on my MacBook with Leopard. Don't use it really, so not a bother, but would be nice to have it operating.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 03:59:54 pm »

The latest Canon DPP doesn't run on my MacBook with Leopard. Don't use it really, so not a bother, but would be nice to have it operating.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162793\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
DPP was updated to 3,2 for 10,5.
It is a pain to install though. You should have the original CD mounted to install the downloaded updates. To make Remote Capture to work you need to shoot an image and review it on the Canon BEFORE launching Canon Utility. When the utility is loaded, the busy LCD warning is shown where you need to then shoot another frame to clear the warning and release the busy communication error. Typical poor Canon soft, and no info at Canon on this bug. Hope it doesn't break with 10,5,2.

Oh BTW, Photoshop tools are supposedly inaccurate placement -wise in 10,5,1.

astanley

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 11:05:54 am »

Noise Ninja works fine. I have four 500 gig drives in a mirrored raid array, plus an external drive running Time Machine. All work perfectly.

My only problem has been the drivers for a NiKon Coolscan 9000 ED. Can't get it to work, tho' Nikon say 4.0.2 should work with Intel Macs. I haven't finished trying yet!

I don't know about FCP tho' I have heard it is fine.

Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=162403\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bill,

I've had no problems on my MacBook Pro with the 9000 - running VueScan.  

I thought I had some problems with the scanner/Mac combo, but then realized I was scanning a roll of Velvia I shot with my diopter set wrong (from 2002)  

Cheers,

-Andrew

BradSmith

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 09:09:02 pm »

I'm most worried about whether my scanners will work when I convert.  An Epson 3200 Photo flatbed and a Konica-Minolta Dimage Elite 5400II.  Anyone converted to Leopard with either of these?
thanks
Brad

BradSmith

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 12:17:48 am »

I'm most worried about whether my scanners will work when I convert.  An Epson 3200 Photo flatbed and a Konica-Minolta Dimage Elite 5400II.  Anyone converted to Leopard with either of these?
thanks
Brad
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=166235\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Isn't there someone out there that has at least installed Leopard with the Epson 3200?  How'd it go?

francois

Leopard 1.5.1
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 03:39:51 am »

Isn't there someone out there that has at least installed Leopard with the Epson 3200?  How'd it go?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Although I can't answer your question, you might want to check if your scanners are supported by ViewScan as it works perfectly with Leopard ([a href=\"http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported]supported scanners[/url]). A demo is available and it works on Tiger & Leopard.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 03:40:24 am by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up