Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon DPP Skin Tones  (Read 4030 times)

Ignacio Soler

Canon DPP Skin Tones
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:33:52 am »

I have been using both ACR and DPP to process my 20D raw files.  I find I prefer DPP results regarding noise and detail, but I can't get the skin tones right, they end up either too green or too magenta and sometimes both! (green highlights and magenta shadows).  I've tried all picture styles and the color tone controls, but to no avail.  On the other hand, ACR gives me very pleasing skin tones.
Is anyone using DPP and getting good skin tones? Any tips?
Thanks

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Canon DPP Skin Tones
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:11:38 pm »

I have been using both ACR and DPP to process my 20D raw files.  I find I prefer DPP results regarding noise and detail, but I can't get the skin tones right, they end up either too green or too magenta and sometimes both! (green highlights and magenta shadows).  I've tried all picture styles and the color tone controls, but to no avail.  On the other hand, ACR gives me very pleasing skin tones.
Is anyone using DPP and getting good skin tones? Any tips?
Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161714\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes - I use DPP as I prefer the RAW conversions.

I find I get excellent skin tones using either Nuetral or Studio Pro picture styles. But... I prefer to do the adjustments via tone curve in the RGB tab to get exactly what I want.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Ignacio Soler

Canon DPP Skin Tones
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 06:50:04 am »

Thanks for the reply.
The RGB Tone curve adjustment has a lot more intermediate positions that the one in the RAW tab. I'll have to work with it.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up