Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: twin monitor setup with lightroom?  (Read 3951 times)

sniper

twin monitor setup with lightroom?
« on: December 19, 2007, 07:05:28 am »

I am treating myself to a new PC for Christmas, it's got a twin monitor setup (my first) any advice on using it with lightroom, I know with photoshop I can drag the pallettes off onto the second screen, can I do the same with lightroom???   any other tips anybody  ?     Thanks Wayne

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:15:24 am »

LR only supports one monitor so put LR on one and PS on the other.

paulbk

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 08:49:15 pm »

You can drag LR across two monitors if you want but there's no advantage, and a big disadvantage. The photo edit window centers on the split between the monitors. In Photoshop you can keep all your tool boxes open on one monitor and edit window on the other. I do this. Works good.
p
paul b.k.
New England, USA

stevecoleccs

• http://www.stevecole.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:06:20 pm »

Don't sweat it- LR 2.0 will support two monitors, thumbnails / tools & preview. But when
will LR 2.o be available....

~ cole

sniper

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:06:00 am »

Thanks for the replies everybody, looks like I'll have to wait for 2.0 to get the best out of it.   Thanks  Wayne

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 01:10:10 pm »

Or get a big screen instead of two smaller ones?

John

rdonson

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:24:15 pm »

Does your PC support color managing two monitors?  If it doesn't will having two monitors with Lightroom be a real advantage?
Regards,
Ron

billg71

• http://www.billgrahamphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:07 pm »

I use LR with two 19" monitors. I drag the left side, putting the left panel onto the second monitor. That gives me more image space on the primary(right) monitor and I don't have to use the Hide feature while hunting through folders for organizing, selecting Develop presets, etc.

I adjust the panel width in all modules so the break comes on the border between the monitors. It's kinda kludgey but it works.

Bill
[span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'][span style='color:blue']"The doctor told how he was once fishing in the Wind River area of Wyoming and he looked up and far above on the side of the canyon two dogs sat on a rock peeking at him from the brush that surrounded the rock. Only they weren't dogs, they were coyotes. They were curious about what he might be doing standing in a river waving a stick." [span style='color:black']Jim Harrison, Farmer[/span][/span][/span]
Pages: [1]   Go Up