Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Party Monitor Calibration software for Vista  (Read 6805 times)

jpgentry

Third Party Monitor Calibration software for Vista
« on: December 18, 2007, 11:45:07 pm »

I want to know if anyone has found a good third party monitor profiling software that is Vista compatable and will work with my Spyder1 or DTP94 (MonacoOPTIX XR) calibration device.

If x-rite wont continue to make software for their device I want to know if I can give my money to someone else!  I would love not having to be tied to a company for hardware and software for monitor calibration.  I'm very happy with the DTP94 and don't see why I need to buy something else.

-Jonathan

jpgentry

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:01:13 am »

I think I've found the solution to my own problem.  Color Eyes makes a monitor profiling software that is both compatible with Vista 64bit and will work with my xrite DTP94 device.  It's $179 but I will give them my money just on the principle that xrite dumped support for their own hardware.

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:08:46 am »

Never mind... I'm a moron. (must read posts first). I'd recommend visiting Integrated Color's support forum first before going forward with it for Vista 64. It had some quirks at first, not sure if they figured everything out yet. I'm using it myself on XP x64.

Cheers, Joe
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:10:16 am by shewhorn »

jpgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:32:26 am »

You're using what on xp 64?  If you are using the coloreyes with the dtp94 sensor from monaco then how did you get it working?  I plugged in the sensor and it detected fine but when i select the sensor in the program it locks up.

Never mind... I'm a moron. (must read posts first). I'd recommend visiting Integrated Color's support forum first before going forward with it for Vista 64. It had some quirks at first, not sure if they figured everything out yet. I'm using it myself on XP x64.

Cheers, Joe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161659\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

shewhorn

• http://
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:56:13 am »

You're using what on xp 64?

What... you can't read my mind? I should design albums and post at the same time... apparently I'm not multi-threaded... anyhow, I'm using Color Eyes Display Pro and the DTP 94 on an Win XP x64 machine.

If you are using the coloreyes with the dtp94 sensor from monaco then how did you get it working?  I plugged in the sensor and it detected fine but when i select the sensor in the program it locks up.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161663\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah um... funky piece of work that program is. Here's how ya do it.
Quit CEDP
From the task bar click on the remove hardware icon and remove all pucks from your machine.
Launch CEDP. If the DTP 94 is already selected select a different puck (doesn't matter... Eye One will work).
Quit CEDP
Launch CEDP - select the DTP 94 as your puck
Quit CEDP
Sing your national anthem backwards
Plug your puck into the USB port (make sure that it is plugged directly into a USB port on your computer and NOT into a hub, there are known problems with this)
Launch CEDP

Now it should work and that should be the only time you have to go through that routine. From here on in it should be fine.

Also when you're selecting the puck to use there's a little checkbox that says "always calibrate". I'd suggest deselecting that otherwise it will want you to calibrate the puck when you set your luminance and it will ask you to calibrate your puck again to run the profile. This means MOVING the puck from the position where you calibrated your luminance.... annoying in my opinion and just makes things worse, not better. By unchecking that box it will only ask you to calibrate the puck once per session.

Cheers, Joe
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:57:29 am by shewhorn »

jpgentry

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:56:32 am »

Excellent!  Thanks.  Yes I had to select the DPT94 with it unplugged and then close plug it in and reopen the dialoge to get it active.

Thanks!  I'm so hapy to have something that will allow me to do my graphics in Vista64.  I know I'm a bit on the bleading edge but so far everything is working.  All of my printers (Epson R1800, Canon Laser Printer) with exception of my Canon Ipf8000 which I'm going to spend some time today getting to work.  I saw that the Ipf line has a driver but you have to be using firewire.  Not sure if Vista64 is supported with the network driver.  My Microtek 1000XL scanner is working though when I boot up I get a twian driver error that complains about twunk_16.exe but the Scan Wizard Pro application is working.

On the application side of things all the applications are working including Vegas Pro 8 for video editing and the Adobe products like Lightroom and CS3 seem to be going without a hitch.

If I can get color management moving along well I think I'll be in the clear but I will keep my old XP 32bit around in case of something that is incompatible.  I love the fact that I can run huge gobs of memory on Vista 64 (more than 4GB anyway.)

Anyway at this moment I'm a happy camper.  Thanks!

What... you can't read my mind? I should design albums and post at the same time... apparently I'm not multi-threaded... anyhow, I'm using Color Eyes Display Pro and the DTP 94 on an Win XP x64 machine.
Yeah um... funky piece of work that program is. Here's how ya do it.
Quit CEDP
From the task bar click on the remove hardware icon and remove all pucks from your machine.
Launch CEDP. If the DTP 94 is already selected select a different puck (doesn't matter... Eye One will work).
Quit CEDP
Launch CEDP - select the DTP 94 as your puck
Quit CEDP
Sing your national anthem backwards
Plug your puck into the USB port (make sure that it is plugged directly into a USB port on your computer and NOT into a hub, there are known problems with this)
Launch CEDP

Now it should work and that should be the only time you have to go through that routine. From here on in it should be fine.

Also when you're selecting the puck to use there's a little checkbox that says "always calibrate". I'd suggest deselecting that otherwise it will want you to calibrate the puck when you set your luminance and it will ask you to calibrate your puck again to run the profile. This means MOVING the puck from the position where you calibrated your luminance.... annoying in my opinion and just makes things worse, not better. By unchecking that box it will only ask you to calibrate the puck once per session.
Cheers, Joe
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161664\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up