Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3800 problem  (Read 2221 times)

Ray Groome

Epson 3800 problem
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:07:26 am »

I have recently purchased a new Epson 3800 printer and I was disappointed to find that I could not print small test images on the right hand side of an A3 or A3 super sheet of paper. The problem occurs when using the rear manual feeder. The printer feeds the sheet into position and the head traverses the sheet once every minute and does not deposit any ink! The only way of stopping this is to turn off the printer.
 I have experienced this on 3 different 3800 printers, so I assume it is a driver fault rather than a printer defect. The problem seems to be limited to pc systems operating with Windows XP. I have loaded the latest driver from the internet and this did not solve the problem.

Strange!!

Aaron80

Epson 3800 problem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:09 am »

I have recently purchased a new Epson 3800 printer and I was disappointed to find that I could not print small test images on the right hand side of an A3 or A3 super sheet of paper. The problem occurs when using the rear manual feeder. The printer feeds the sheet into position and the head traverses the sheet once every minute and does not deposit any ink! The only way of stopping this is to turn off the printer.
 I have experienced this on 3 different 3800 printers, so I assume it is a driver fault rather than a printer defect. The problem seems to be limited to pc systems operating with Windows XP. I have loaded the latest driver from the internet and this did not solve the problem.

Strange!!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161392\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You have to turn off auto paper size recognition if the paper is already partially printed...

Ray Groome

Epson 3800 problem
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:07:01 am »

You have to turn off auto paper size recognition if the paper is already partially printed...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Aaron
Thanks for your prompt reply, which sounds very relevant. Unfortunately I cannot find where I can turn it off. Please can you advise.

Aaron80

Epson 3800 problem
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 09:17:01 am »

Aaron
Thanks for your prompt reply, which sounds very relevant. Unfortunately I cannot find where I can turn it off. Please can you advise.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161415\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In the printer menu, on LCD panel, first selection -> second selection -> turn it off... I don't have the printer here and I have Italian language set...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:17:27 am by Aaron80 »

Ray Groome

Epson 3800 problem
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 05:12:08 am »

In the printer menu, on LCD panel, first selection -> second selection -> turn it off... I don't have the printer here and I have Italian language set...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161432\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Aaron
Thank you very much for that advice!
You were correct in your diagnosis of my problem and your solution worked. I have been struggling with that problem for over a month- Epson could not resolve it for me. I wish I had come to this forum in the first instance!.
For the record, the English menu reads' Printer Setup/ Paper Size Check' I turned this off you suggested and all is resolved.

Aaron80

Epson 3800 problem
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 06:45:05 am »

...the problem occour only with already partially printed sheet because with "Paper Size Check" option turned ON the optical sensor in the printer goes wrong when try to see where is sheet's end because it expects a white paper... with new sheet turn this option ON...  

P.S. excuse for my poor english.
Pages: [1]   Go Up