Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Leopard and 3800 thread  (Read 6154 times)

vandevanterSH

Another Leopard and 3800 thread
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:45:12 pm »

I have been unable to get my 3800+Mac Pro+Leopard to work properly.  With the "old" drivers I got "off" colors.  I waited for the updated drivers and have installed the 12-07 released drivers. With the new driver,   the Epson printer utilities work properly, but trying to print from either LR or CS3,  I get a "client-error-not-possible" error.  I assume this is a OS error message.  I have removed all of the old drivers and reinstalled the new one;  I am connected via USB cable.  The printer works fine with my Mac book Pro running Tiger.

Help would be appreciated;  I am not terribly computer  "handy" so if it doesn't work right out of the box, I am in trouble.

Thanks..Steve

Gregory

• http://www.gregory.hk
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 10:36:10 pm »

I have a 3850, and my iMac is running Leopard with one of the latest Epson drivers.

I did the following:
  • downloaded the latest driver (from the Singapore site — N.B. the driver pages seem to be inaccessible at this time)
  • ran the installer to uninstall the existing driver
  • ran the installer to install the new driver
  • reset my printer system. in System Preferences/Print & Fax, control-click on the Printers list and choose Reset printing system.
  • clicked the + button and added my Epson 3850 again.
my Epson is connected via Ethernet/WiFi Bridge and it works fine.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Gregory
Gregory's Blog: [url=http://www.gregory.

vandevanterSH

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:23:21 am »

I have a 3850, and my iMac is running Leopard with one of the latest Epson drivers.

I did the following:
  • downloaded the latest driver (from the Singapore site — N.B. the driver pages seem to be inaccessible at this time)
  • ran the installer to uninstall the existing driver
  • ran the installer to install the new driver
  • reset my printer system. in System Preferences/Print & Fax, control-click on the Printers list and choose Reset printing system.
  • clicked the + button and added my Epson 3850 again.
my Epson is connected via Ethernet/WiFi Bridge and it works fine.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Gregory
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=161356\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks  Gregory!! Followed your instructions and I am back in "business" with the Mac Pro.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up