Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B9180 printer default settings problem  (Read 1383 times)

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
B9180 printer default settings problem
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:50:54 am »

Hello,

So I got my B9180 last week, lovely printer, lovely prints it seems pretty nice.
But I am having a little problem with the default settings and wondering if somebody here could help me.
HP support were HOPELESS and got me so mad that I feel like writing a complaint letter, if only I knew who to complain to, but that's another story.

If I can explain, going into the printer defaults in Windows, and there is a bunch of options there, on the left hand side like "Full color photo, no border" , "Full color photo with border" , "Black and White print", "General Document" and a few others. If you select one of these options then on the right hand side you have other options which you can change, like "Paper Size = Letter" (I want to change to A4) and Color Management = Printer Managed sRGB (I want to change to Application Managed) and others.

My issue is, if I change one of these defaults and click OK, or Apply then OK it works for a little bit. But if I change the option on the left, Say from 'photo without borders' to 'photo with borders' and then change it back then all those changes I made are undone! It seems the settings aren't saving.

Anyone else having this issue?
I am Windows XP Pro, and am an Administrator on my PC, printer hooked up via network.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:53:02 am by ThePhotoDude »

b2martin

B9180 printer default settings problem
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 11:48:37 am »

Once you complete the settings click the "Save" button, give these settings a name and it will add it to the selections for future use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up