Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark prints in LR 1.3.1 w/Epson R2400  (Read 1526 times)

switters

Dark prints in LR 1.3.1 w/Epson R2400
« on: December 17, 2007, 12:05:16 am »

I recently upgraded to Leopard because I heard that the printing issues were finally worked out with Epson printers and Lightroom.  I downloaded the latest driver for the R2400 from the Epson Europe site (v6.1.2) and made a few test prints.

In ABW mode, prints are coming out much darker with the same settings than they did with Lightroom and 10.4.  I verified this because I still have my Tiger install on an external FW drive, and I booted up with it to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

To make it more clear, in Tiger I found that "Dark" or "Darker" usually produced the best WYSIWYG result with Lightroom.  However, in Leopard, even when I select "Normal", which is two levels lighter than "Darker", the print is still significantly darker than what I see onscreen.

I'm using Arctic Polar Satin paper.  As an experiment, I also made a print using Red River's Polar Satin profile in a color-managed workflow.  This was a little bit closer to what I see onscreen, but still noticeably darker.

I just profiled my monitor yesterday, and as I said I did not have this problem in Tiger.  I'm surprised because I've seen so many reports from people saying that the new Epson drivers and Leopard produce much better results for them than they got in Tiger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up