Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak DCS pro back 645m  (Read 2349 times)

buzzski

• Scottish wedding  photography on film and digital
Kodak DCS pro back 645m
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:34:19 pm »

Hey there, does anyone have anything good to say about the Kodak DCS pro back 645m on a Mamiya 645 AFD camera. Is it any good, what's image quality like, is it reliable or a bag of crap? Anyone using this combo with an opinion would be a big help. Thanks

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
Kodak DCS pro back 645m
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 03:58:50 pm »

Hey there, does anyone have anything good to say about the Kodak DCS pro back 645m on a Mamiya 645 AFD camera. Is it any good, what's image quality like, is it reliable or a bag of crap? Anyone using this combo with an opinion would be a big help. Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160441\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had one for a while

I got rid of it a while ago

I hated the slow flash sysnch and the crop factor - but I was using it as my primary work tool including doing interiors

I didnt care that the exposure fell apart over 1/8th of a second and at over 100ISO

I took some amazing portraits with the 80

The file quality is great if a little red heavy

Then I got an H1 and an eyelike 22mp

---

Nowadys ??

If you crop to rectangel you only get 11mp and the ease and convenicance of a good DSLR will make a good DLSR a better tool for general purpose

The service agreement runs out soon/ran out and the backs must be getting a little used irreliable by now

Your sensible dollar would go for a DSLR or or something like a used A17 P21

But if you already have a DSLR/many lenses,  and no stomach for real MFDB costs, maybe already a Mam645 kit lying idle, and an offer on one for $1/2k it could be a great toy for square portraits/wedding formals ect

The last thing to worry about is 16mp -  it is enough

Oh and you can stitch for crazy files too

-----

I would sumarize

toy - fantastic

pro tool - dont do it

stopgap while you save for MFDB - only at the right price - an you might land it as a valuable trade in (consult some dealers)

I sold mine to someone who paid me $5k and got a $10k discount on a phase (but that was 3 years ago)

SMM
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:13:19 pm by Morgan_Moore »
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up