Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: quiet morning  (Read 2898 times)

rbayle

quiet morning
« on: December 12, 2007, 06:58:29 pm »

hello!

just a picture I finished to processed.
I made it in end of September on Hornby island (BC).

comments?

thanks
romainromain bayle pictures

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
quiet morning
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:07:27 pm »

It looks nice - but it doesn't hold my eye anywhere.  No real interesting focal point or contrast.  Maybe try it in B&W?

Provokot

• http://www.pauldaveycreative.co.uk
quiet morning
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 11:40:20 am »

I like it.

Sometimes I think that there is too much conformity to the "rules" of photography - e.g. "nothing to hold my eye".  This picture works for me because it is calm, restful and dreamlike; a set of emotions rather than a 'documentary' image.

If a pod of killer whales happened to surface at the right time and in the right place the pic would be different but not necessarily better.

rbayle

quiet morning
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:53:39 am »

I like it.

Sometimes I think that there is too much conformity to the "rules" of photography - e.g. "nothing to hold my eye".  This picture works for me because it is calm, restful and dreamlike; a set of emotions rather than a 'documentary' image.

If a pod of killer whales happened to surface at the right time and in the right place the pic would be different but not necessarily better.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=160370\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thank you for your comments.
what you're saying is right, I wasn't trying to have something that popped out of the picture to make it perfect, but only a quiet and relaxed image...nothing else.

romain

tgphoto

quiet morning
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 10:59:52 am »

The top left 1/4 of the image is very interesting from an abstract point of view.  Top right 1/4 also has possibilities.  Nice tonal range overall.  Would be interesting to see where you go with this - is it a one off or part of something larger?
Pages: [1]   Go Up